Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
19070 is on 471/472 today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/03/2015 12:33)lcm453 Wrote:  19070 is on 471/472 today

Same as last Wednesday I've ride on 19070 from Liverpool to Birkenhead on route 471
Its always on 471/2 or the 38decker journey

I am no longer active on this forum.
Rode one of the peak time workings on the x8 last night (17.40 from Liverpool). Only 5 people on board from Liverpool and it only had about 10 -15 people max throughout the journey. Pretty worrying considering a 1 and 2 left before it pretty much full...

Surely those full 1 and 2 passengers are locals rather than wanting a limited stop service, no comparison really as they aren't likely to be going the full journey to Liverpool.
Coming from Liverpool actually. I was merely pointing out the comparison between the loadings between services serving both locations, so I think it is perfectly valid. Pretty worrying having so little passengers on a peak time service.

The 1 & 2 form part of the quality bus partnership where the X8 isn't, so you've got passengers from both Arriva and Stagecoach using that service, The X8 is slowly getting busier, it must be paying its was else it would of been scrapped by now

(13/03/2015 19:13)anw2015 Wrote:  Coming from Liverpool actually. I was merely pointing out the comparison between the loadings between services serving both locations, so I think it is perfectly valid. Pretty worrying having so little passengers on a peak time service.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(13/03/2015 19:13)anw2015 Wrote:  Coming from Liverpool actually. I was merely pointing out the comparison between the loadings between services serving both locations, so I think it is perfectly valid. Pretty worrying having so little passengers on a peak time service.

This issue has been raised before. As I posted last time, if Stagecoach want to retain and grow the X8, additional stops need to be added along the A41. I think some additional market research is needed in order to tailor demand.
This morning just before 10am x8 bus just left at Chester railway Station heading to Chester bus exchange approx 12-14 passengers on board not too bad.
With both Arriva and Stagecoach tickets accepted on routes 1 and 2, a lot of passengers use these services just to get to Birkenhead, where the X8 doesn't go.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)