Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
bOTH 21122 and 21123 were on the 471/2 yesterday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/02/2015 07:56)R879 HRF Wrote:  The Enviro was on the rails. 28548 was later on the 471/2 also following a decker failure

You could stick a minibus on the Hamilton Square rails job and it would still be too much!
a motorbike would be enough.
(03/02/2015 12:02)bus401 Wrote:  a motorbike would be enough.

The contract probably stipulates that the rail replacements have to be deckers. Also, do they have full destination equipment fitted?

Yet another argument supporting the view that Stagecoach needs to cascade more deckers to Merseyside.
(03/02/2015 12:41)Barney Wrote:  The contract probably stipulates that the rail replacements have to be deckers. Also, do they have full destination equipment fitted?

Yet another argument supporting the view that Stagecoach needs to cascade more deckers to Merseyside.

The rail buses all have London style roller destinations, however are all stickered over.

I am no longer active on this forum.
It seems strange that the contract would actually specify deckers for the duration of the contract. I can understand for the initial closure, where people are caught off guard, but to see the entire contract out using deckers on a route where a Solo would be overkill is ludicrous, particularly when actual busy services have to suffer as a result. This morning on Borough Road two decker 471/2's by both Arriva and Stagecoach went past me without stopping as they were full. The single deck I saw yesterday morning will have been running one of the very services that drove past me today, yet I saw it absolutely packed all the way up by the Swan.

If SC do not run deckers on rails, are Merseytravel/Merseyrail/Network Rail (or whoever the contract is with) actually going to take action? Else, can roller blinds not be fitted to the rails deckers so any spares can be put on failed vehicles elsewhere on the local network? Seems a waste having them sat at Rock Ferry while singles are running around trying to pick up the pieces.
(03/02/2015 12:41)Barney Wrote:  Yet another argument supporting the view that Stagecoach needs to cascade more deckers to Merseyside.

No it doesn't - regardless of the number of deckers you have, if there's a larger than expected/normal failure rate then somewhere single decks will have to cover.

I'm not party to the contract details - so don't know whether deckers are specified or not - but there certainly aren't spare DDA compliant single decks to use instead of the Tridents.
[quote='mbonwick' pid='69427' dateline='1422975317']

No it doesn't - regardless of the number of deckers you have, if there's a larger than expected/normal failure rate then somewhere single decks will have to cover.

Tell that to the poor souls waiting in the cold on their way to work as single-deckers drive past full. In my crystal ball I see a far higher proportion of double-deckers operating out of Stagecoach Merseyside depots in the year 2017.
When arriva done the merseyrail contract they used single deckers numerous times.
After one week the management at stagecoach should have realised that Double Deckers where a bit of overkill .

When this contract is over where are these double deckers off to.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)