Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(29/12/2014 21:40)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach's Twitter page stating that a journey on the 76 was not operating today due to 'sanitary issues'. Bit worrying what this could be referring to:

https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...2887852032

I would imagine either something has been left on the bus or that somthing has been done on the bus lol.

Anything like that is treated as a biohazard these days. I was on a bus last summer when a teenage girl was sick. The driver immediately pulled over radioed in and requested another bus and we were all asked to wait on the pavement for 15 minutes while a replacement bus rocked up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I rode on 10406 on the X41 to Altrincham this morning.
10050 (76 branded) operated 16:03 250 Piccadilly-Trafford Centre yesterday
I saw an Enviro400 painted in Magic Bus colours yesterday on the 142. It was quite dark outside so I didn't get a good look, anyway it looked quite odd and seems to be different to the current Magic Bus livery. Maybe it just takes some getting used to.

Also I have seen quite a few 2006 era MAN's on route 7. Is this bus supposed to be a MAN route or an Enviro300 route or does it have a mix? Also just to confirm Stockport operate all the journeys?
Where is the route getting diverted around?
Magic enviro

https://www.flickr.com/photos/josephalke...otostream/
Am I right in thinking that the rerouted 7 will still be normal route from Ashton-Gorton or is it taking the old/current 317 route from Ashton, if its still going via Gorton running times are going to be interesting during the peaks due to the usual traffic through Denton
(28/12/2014 11:20)Benzo Wrote:  I've read that 3 Enviro400s 19223 19224 19239 have been repainted into Magic colours,
Could 19227/8 from Ashton and 19220/1/2 19235/6 at Stockport be swapped if the whole 19220-19239 batch were to become Magic livered

I think the idea is to provide "middle" batch Enviro400s to MagicBus as they are slighly newer and could therefore last there for the rest of their operational lives, maybe 8 years or so. Maybe also, Stagecoach are a bit rattled by First putting new buses on routes 41 and 42. Indeed, I saw 19223 this evening and spotted that it offers WiFi!

(30/12/2014 20:34)joe_alker Wrote:  Magic enviro

https://www.flickr.com/photos/josephalke...otostream/

From the opposite side it looks like this. I keep picturing it operating for Scottish Citylink in these colours! https://www.flickr.com/photos/east_lancs...8sZ-cjmMpf
(03/01/2015 23:31)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I think the idea is to provide "middle" batch Enviro400s to MagicBus as they are slighly newer and could therefore last there for the rest of their operational lives, maybe 8 years or so. Maybe also, Stagecoach are a bit rattled by First putting new buses on routes 41 and 42. Indeed, I saw 19223 this evening and spotted that it offers WiFi!

To be fair Stagecoach seem to be rolling out Wifi on all buses anyway - most of Ashton's Enviro400's now have Wifi so it's not just for Magic Enviro's.
It's interesting how the concept of Magic Buses has evolved over the years. It was for many years labeled the low cost arm of Stagecoach Manchester - using older vehicles in a no frills blue livery offering cheaper fares than standard stagecoach services. Yet we seemed to have gone full circle where depending which way you look at, when 30 Pressumably 08 reg Enviro400's become Magic buses the 142/143 will see younger vehicles on average than my local service the 168/169. Today being no exception with both 17002 and another from the same batch both passing me within 15 mins of each other.

Getting back to the First debate though. Do most people even realise they are travelling on brand new 14 plate Enviro400's?? I very much doubt it. Infact cynics like me will roll thier eyes and compare Firsts many years of underinvestment in the fleets of depots such as Dukinfield when a steady stream of brand new vehicles rolled into Rusholme virtually overnight.
(04/01/2015 01:24)Mayneway Wrote:  To be fair Stagecoach seem to be rolling out Wifi on all buses anyway - most of Ashton's Enviro400's now have Wifi so it's not just for Magic Enviro's.
It's interesting how the concept of Magic Buses has evolved over the years. It was for many years labeled the low cost arm of Stagecoach Manchester - using older vehicles in a no frills blue livery offering cheaper fares than standard stagecoach services. Yet we seemed to have gone full circle where depending which way you look at, when 30 Pressumably 08 reg Enviro400's become Magic buses the 142/143 will see younger vehicles on average than my local service the 168/169. Today being no exception with both 17002 and another from the same batch both passing me within 15 mins of each other.

Getting back to the First debate though. Do most people even realise they are travelling on brand new 14 plate Enviro400's?? I very much doubt it. Infact cynics like me will roll thier eyes and compare Firsts many years of underinvestment in the fleets of depots such as Dukinfield when a steady stream of brand new vehicles rolled into Rusholme virtually overnight.

Is the figure of 30 confirmed?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)