Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Im sure Stagecoach could have found single deckers from within the companies vast reserve fleet.

I think it was only because double deckers are high profile that they was used .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Depends what the contract specifies...I can well imagine it calls for double deckers "just in case"

Let's also remember that spare DDA single decks are in short supply due to the impending deadlines, so using spare deckers (that are of little use elsewhere - due to their length) makes more sense.
Just in case of what ?

I sudden influx of passengers to Birkenhead Hamilton Square from Birkenhead Central and Conway Park ... For a while now Birkenhead Hamilton Square claim to fame is the Mersey Ferries and changing trains .

But with Merseyrail advising changing passengers during the work to change at James Street , the bus is not getting the changing passengers now either.
17470 and 17502 have disappeared from Chester. Presumably in storage at Rock Ferry. Can anyone confirm this?
They are in rock ferry yes.

Enviro 19070 is here on loan due to a decker shortage.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(03/01/2015 15:38)R879 HRF Wrote:  They are in rock ferry yes.

Enviro 19070 is here on loan due to a decker shortage.

Thanks. Also noticed a couple of your W and X reg Volvos have been repainted. This being done for a reason? Would of though that they'd be getting withdrawn from the Merseyside fleet soon.
(03/01/2015 21:08)Shaun821 Wrote:  Thanks. Also noticed a couple of your W and X reg Volvos have been repainted. This being done for a reason? Would of though that they'd be getting withdrawn from the Merseyside fleet soon.

21116,21117 and 21121 have been done, latest being 21121 in the summer holidays. They where supposedly the scabbiest so where done while schools where off

I am no longer active on this forum.
(03/01/2015 22:22)R879 HRF Wrote:  21116,21117 and 21121 have been done, latest being 21121 in the summer holidays. They where supposedly the scabbiest so where done while schools where off

Was it done that long ago. I remember 21121s red was turning pink. Dont think they have been painted sinse they come out of CMT colours.
Scania's 28548 and 28549 are on the 41\42 today.

Volvo YJ09 FWK (21261) is also on the X8.
I was chatting to one of the Rock Ferry drivers earlier today & he reckoned that 18 new buses are due to be delivered there in early April for routes 1 & 2? Does anyone have any more information on this & what the vehicles might be (Enviro 300's I assume)?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)