Current time: 06/05/2024, 20:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(28/12/2014 07:19)M60lad Wrote:  Mayneway I'm wondering if your talking about the same person that I know as if it is I think he used to be a driver at Speedwell Travel and was a regular on their late 369 Stockport-Airport tender in the evenings and is a lovely friendly bloke and very chatty.

It could well be. Really friendly guy who knows a lot about the industry and always has his own varied opinions on how things should be. I always feel sorry for him these days as he can no longer do the job he loved but like uve said they found him a non driving role and he seems happy enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/12/2014 07:12)Penny Return Wrote:  Sacked would be more likely used for the driver who De-Roofed 17501

I'm not so sure. The statement they gave out at the time seemed to suggest they were backing the driver. I'm sure I read the bus had been suffering a fault for most of the day and the driver had returned to the depot to get it sorted and was on his way back to resume railreplacement services. They also claimed the driver didn't normally work in the area so didn't know the roads.
There should be a list of no go roads in the depot , as there is three roads in the same area that also have height restrictions .

Isnt it the drivers responsibility to know the height of a vehicle he drives , the three bridges also have the height of the bridge clearly stated as well , isnt this driving without due care and attention.
You are quite right wirralbus.

At the end of the day, while there may be mitigating circumstances, it is the drivers responsibility to know the height of his vehicle and observe any restrictions. As you say, failing to do this is driving without due care and attention.
(28/12/2014 19:44)wirralbus Wrote:  There should be a list of no go roads in the depot , as there is three roads in the same area that also have height restrictions .

Isnt it the drivers responsibility to know the height of a vehicle he drives , the three bridges also have the height of the bridge clearly stated as well , isnt this driving without due care and attention.

I agree, driver knows what he or she is driving and therefore should know height restrictions etc, no real excuse for not remembering.
(28/12/2014 19:44)wirralbus Wrote:  There should be a list of no go roads in the depot , as there is three roads in the same area that also have height restrictions .

Couldn't agree more and as was said at the time it was just lucky no one was on the bus let alone upstairs, plus this wasn't a partial de-roofing. The full roof was taken straight off clean indicating the bus was going at such a speed that by the time the driver realised it was too late.
Regarding a list of no good roads due to low bridges etc, I'm pretty sure that there used to be and probably is one over at Stagecoach Manchester's Stockport Depot in the Traffic Office and if its still there its accompanied by photo's of the relevant bridges in question.

Its the same at First Manchester Depot's with pictures and descriptions of the roads/bridges to avoid and what route/s they relate to
I still to this day dont understand why the vehicle was on St Pauls Road , when the parallel road which is used by Stagecoach vehicles is Bedford Road and Grove Road is used .
(29/12/2014 07:28)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding a list of no good roads due to low bridges etc, I'm pretty sure that there used to be and probably is one over at Stagecoach Manchester's Stockport Depot in the Traffic Office and if its still there its accompanied by photo's of the relevant bridges in question.

Its the same at First Manchester Depot's with pictures and descriptions of the roads/bridges to avoid and what route/s they relate to

That is certainly the case at Stagecoach's Chorley depot. There's a list pinned to the wall, with photographs of all the bridges that must not be driven under.
4584 parked on East Prescot Road displaying Hazard lights.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)