Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
0635 Chester Bus Exchange - Liverpool Service X8 passed Bromborough Cross stop on time at 0726 , with the grand total of NIL passengers onboard .

Me thinks some journeys are looking highly likely to be a cut at the next revision , its a hard one if this X8 service came through Bromborough Cross more often it may get used a bit .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/11/2014 12:52)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Dart 34812 is currently on the X8.

All the volvos had been allocated elsewhere so probably just used whatever was there. 34596nwas on X8 on Friday evening. 27777 was on 32 Park and Ride mid week as well. Think it was just a quick fix as it had only just come off the pits and the only avaliable bus at that time.
Revised timetable and additional stop at shore lane to be introduced on the X8 from 25th January 2015,

X8 Chester - Chester Rail Station - Cheshire Oaks - Ellesmere Port - Liverpool, fast

There will be a revised timetable, in order to improve reliability and to better distribute the running times to match road conditions. Due to customer demand, new stops will be introduced on the A41 at New Ferry (Shore Drive), which is ideal for anyone wishing to visit Port Sunlight, as well as providing new facilities for residents in this area.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
So stagecoach are cancelling the 6 in ellesmere port that did not last long
(01/12/2014 22:38)Conbus Wrote:  So stagecoach are cancelling the 6 in ellesmere port that did not last long

Not suprised. Doesnt make money. Just follows a GHA 6 around. With 1 less bus on the road from January, i wonder what they are going to do to compensate. Could the rumours about them going for the T1 be true. Or possibly a variation of the X22 to serve parts that Avons 22 used to.
Ellesmere Port was once a stronghold of Crosville , when First came along and decided to close the outstation down it seemed to give up on the services in Chester , I would have thought that Stagecoach would have given a better show than leave .
(01/12/2014 12:10)chester285 Wrote:  Revised timetable and additional stop at shore lane to be introduced on the X8 from 25th January 2015,

X8 Chester - Chester Rail Station - Cheshire Oaks - Ellesmere Port - Liverpool, fast

There will be a revised timetable, in order to improve reliability and to better distribute the running times to match road conditions. Due to customer demand, new stops will be introduced on the A41 at New Ferry (Shore Drive), which is ideal for anyone wishing to visit Port Sunlight, as well as providing new facilities for residents in this area.

The bus stop that is being used is the last feasible bus stop with any potential clientele before the tunnel all the others being in the industrial areas of the A41 , somebody's been listening to somebody .
(01/12/2014 22:38)Conbus Wrote:  So stagecoach are cancelling the 6 in ellesmere port that did not last long

I'm not surprised that Stagecoach withdrawn route 6 in Ellesmere Port, I've noticed not many peoples onboard the bus and see very few sometime empty.
17491 on the 38 this afternoon, heading towards Croft at New Ferry at 1440

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(02/12/2014 11:37)326VFM Wrote:  I'm not surprised that Stagecoach withdrawn route 6 in Ellesmere Port, I've noticed not many peoples onboard the bus and see very few sometime empty.

GHA know about Stagecoachs withdrawal and are letting all the passengers know. Quite a few passengers unhappy with the news as they prefer Stagecoach for their reliability, punctuality and cheaper fares. This morning I noticed a GHA number 6 running 5 minutes early just to be infront of the Stagecoach 6. Making it quite obvious as well. Im sure Stagecoach have something up their sleeve.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)