Current time: 24/04/2024, 21:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(22/10/2014 22:15)wirralbus Wrote:  Have you noticed the profitable park and ride sites are both on the Cheshire side of Chester , whereas the Wrexham Rd and Sealand Road are struggling and there on the Welsh side of Chester , any coincidences there ?

Wrexham Road is busy with tourists and shoppers, probably the 2nd busiest site, but to me, the site is too big to make enough money back on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 28550 on the rail replacement service for Hamilton Square this morning - although later taken off for a Trident.

Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse Urban 21260 is on the X8 this morning however.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/10/2014 03:21)Shaun821 Wrote:  Wrexham Road is busy with tourists and shoppers, probably the 2nd busiest site, but to me, the site is too big to make enough money back on it.

Do you think that that Chester City Council decided to build big there because the A483/M53 corridor can generate a lot of traffic , The Sealand Road site is really a well hidden one to be honest if you didnt know it was there you could easily drive right passed it .
This new park and ride site (if it goes ahead) may be at the end of Hoole Road. Pretty much inbetween Boughton Heath and Upton on the A41.
I have only ever used Wrexham Road site as coming from Wrexham it is the first one you come to, I have never seen the car park full, but better than not having enough space.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
S44 ABC (34819) is at Chester. As far as im aware there has only been 4 buses swapped, 34600 is still in the body shop. Not sure when or how thats moving. So a quick summary of the movements that im aware of this week are 34598/9 & 34602/3 have gone to Gilmoss with the arrivals of 34815/6/7/9.
(23/10/2014 14:57)Shaun821 Wrote:  This new park and ride site (if it goes ahead) may be at the end of Hoole Road. Pretty much inbetween Boughton Heath and Upton on the A41.

Is there really that many vacant spaces in the park and ride portfolio of sites for another site to be opened yet?
34815 seen service in Chester for the first time today. Gilmoss sent it down with the whole back end of the bus hanging off so this has been repaired and the back has been repainted. Also today, 34597 got towed back to the depot by RNW, unsure of the problem.
The whole back end of the bus hanging off, really ??
(28/10/2014 15:17)Shaun821 Wrote:  34815 seen service in Chester for the first time today. Gillmoss sent it down with the whole back end of the bus hanging off so this has been repaired and the back has been repainted. Also today, 34597 got towed back to the depot by RNW, unsure of the problem.

I saw 34597 towed back by white RNW Truck at Liverpool Road near Countess of Chester Hospital just before 2pm. I just missed to see fleet number but can see SF04 reg but not sure which one.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)