Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Just spotted one of the repainted bluebird running through birkenhead

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/09/2014 11:49)R879 HRF Wrote:  Just spotted one of the repainted bluebird running through birkenhead

I could be wrong but i think its been used for route learning X8
(03/09/2014 15:10)Shaun821 Wrote:  I could be wrong but i think its been used for route learning X8

A dart was in Liverpool this morning with a bunch of drivers onboard at around 7:45, presumably driver training. It was one of the ones that are branded for services to Plas Newton etc.
(03/09/2014 16:23)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  A dart was in Liverpool this morning with a bunch of drivers onboard at around 7:45, presumably driver training. It was one of the ones that are branded for services to Plas Newton etc.

Ah, have seen a shot of 34601 on facebook today, taken by a friend early this morning, it was on by Gorsey lane heading towards the Wallasey Tunnel.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Ye that would of been the morning lot. Different buses get used for the route learning throughout the day. Pretty sure 34601 was in service in Chester this afternoon.
Does anyone know the intended use of these Bluebird school buses, once they have been repainted into swoops?
(03/09/2014 21:24)Neukit Wrote:  Does anyone know the intended use of these Bluebird school buses, once they have been repainted into swoops?

They have been repainted and are in use for the S1 and 503 school runs to Upton High School
(03/09/2014 21:27)Shaun821 Wrote:  They have been repainted and are in use for the S1 and 503 school runs to Upton High School

503 is this a new contract as its not featured on Stagecoach's website

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(03/09/2014 22:16)chester285 Wrote:  503 is this a new contract as its not featured on Stagecoach's website
Most merseytravel contract services tend not to appear on operators websites unless the school gives them direct permission. I believe it's to stop people of a certain 'sort' from boarding buses full of school children and inappropriate following them home/to school.

Halton transport and Peoplesbus are one of the few operators to publicly publish their school services (for the benefit of parents and students). A few selected services that appear on the merseytravel website but not all of them for reasons such as the safety of the students, and the school would provide the parents with the timetable if required.
(03/09/2014 22:51)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Most merseytravel contract services tend not to appear on operators websites unless the school gives them direct permission. I believe it's to stop people of a certain 'sort' from boarding buses full of school children and inappropriate following them home/to school.

Halton transport and Peoplesbus are one of the few operators to publicly publish their school services (for the benefit of parents and students). A few selected services that appear on the merseytravel website but not all of them for reasons such as the safety of the students, and the school would provide the parents with the timetable if required.

I think the service to upto high school refers to the school in Chester not the Wirral so merseytravel don't come in to the equation the s1 and 208 both feature on the website

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)