Current time: 03/05/2024, 05:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(22/08/2014 09:00)Mayneway Wrote:  Technically Bluebird didn't go out of business. The owner had other business comittments that took him away from running things at Middleton and just like with Maynes several years earlier his children wernt interested in the bus business, although it's no secret the business wasn't running at its best it was bought as a going concern. Stagecoach didn't get Bluebird that cheap either where as JPT was handed to them on a plate.

I am happy to stand corrected on that. I had seen the sale of some of the more modern buses, and their replacement by some much older vehicles, and seen the reports of problems with their fuel supplier, and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Having said that, there was clearly more value in the Bluebird business, with a more modern fleet, and some good routes. I am not sure waht value there really was in JPT at the end of the day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Did they just sell the newer vehicles to cover running costs? From what I have seen they used to have an Enviro 400 that had the name "Charlotte" on the front, does anyone know more about it and where it went? Sold, written off, hidden up at Wigan with the others?

Edit: I've been doing some more searching and they had another Enviro 300 (453) but I can't quite make out the name of it.
(22/08/2014 17:37)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Did they just sell the newer vehicles to cover running costs? From what I have seen they used to have an Enviro 400 that had the name "Charlotte" on the front, does anyone know more about it and where it went? Sold, written off, hidden up at Wigan with the others?

Edit: I've been doing some more searching and they had another Enviro 300 (453) but I can't quite make out the name of it.

First in Essex bought the Enviro400. It's still registered as VT59 JPT.

VT59 JPT now in Essex © Matthew Evans

Was it Voith or ZF?
(22/08/2014 17:54)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Was it Voith or ZF?

I'm not sure, found this video on YouTube which seems to suggest to me that it's a ZF © LondonTransport3

(22/08/2014 17:37)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Did they just sell the newer vehicles to cover running costs? From what I have seen they used to have an Enviro 400 that had the name "Charlotte" on the front, does anyone know more about it and where it went? Sold, written off, hidden up at Wigan with the others?

I think they were sold to raise money to fix short term finance problems. The Enviro 400 was the companies pride and joy so getting rid of it was certainly a sign of the times - I think at the time JPT claimed via thier Facebook page that newer Enviro's were on order but like many claims by the company it never happened.

Incidentally the Enviro was Apparently de-roofed outside the depot. It wasn't bought directly by First from JPT I seem remember a number of vehicles from
JPT being sold via Ensign.
Are the B6's up at Wigan?

I think they would possibly the last of their kind to run in Greater Manchester that I know of, along with the Excels. Unless there are some with independents on the south side (Stockport/Altrincham) that run some.
In Manchester for a couple of days and on a mission.
What routes does ex Morecambe MAN 22819 operate on?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(25/08/2014 18:25)jonesy3001 Wrote:  In Manchester for a couple of days and on a mission.
What routes does ex Morecambe MAN 22819 operate on?

I Think its currently at Middleton,so i`d say 80,112 & 118
Apparently according to a good friend of mine who's in engineering at Middleton Depot 22819 is now allocated to Hyde Road Depot and has been for the last 3 months

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)