Current time: 04/05/2024, 15:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Who decides what buses are allocated to the routes each day ?
According to cpeys post all the 84 longs were single deck, which was crazy as it was race day at Chester (Stella Artois Summer festival for those interested in the turf).
Its no surprise that 2499 was full, having travelled to chester on a DLA on a previous race day, when we had to leave people in Tarvin, surely this was a day when the DDs were really needed.
Little point in upgrading the route & vehicles for Saphire if there not going to be allocated properly.

Oly

(16/08/2014 11:28)BHA Wrote:  Just seen 2499 and 2502 at 1025 in Nantwich - really strange to see two single deckers together there on a Saturday. 2499 left for Chester with barely a seat available and by Tarvin I'm sure there would have been standing room only, and not much of that. The 84 really does need deckers, particularly during the shopping hours on a Saturday, if not during the week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It says above.. Edleston road was closed so the diversion meant Deckers COULD NOT GO ON THE 84's. However, it's stupid as it CLOSES TOMMOROW! Woops!

Nice to have 2425 on the 37 for once today, it's a nice bus, but it's rattles a lot at the back, and is a little slow. 2503 was a nice ride home tonight, quite quick and didn't rattle!
(13/08/2014 08:54)33109 Wrote:  Now now lets not be too harsh on the VLWs! 4215/16 are doing well now that their reliability issues are sorted, 4216 has been a regular performer over the hols on the 84 longs. But aye the DLAs are totally wrecked now, they've hard a hard life in london then moved oop north onto longer distance more rural routes.

Lets remember they were mainly used to pottering around north london at much slower speeds on better roads than we have. Then shoved onto rural routes around cheshire has done em no favours. [undefined=undefined]Copey arny idea what the 09 plate deckers could poss be?[/undefined] Thank christ they're finally sorting out the 84 timetable it needs it!

Think reason for the monumental delays on 38s is there's always a lot of traffic either getting into or out of crewe throughout the day tbh. Also congleton seems to be a snarl up area, there can be massive ques at times going down rood hill from the ambulance station down to the lights at tesco where the 38 heads into town always seems busy.

Copey how much longer have we got deckers on the 84s now? Can't be that long as the schools/colleges go bk in about 3-4 weeks, gotta say though that the 29/31/37s have been soooooo quiet over the hols. Hope CWC get their arses in gear soon & get northwich town roadworks complete ASAP if not it'll be hell in few weeks time.

At a guess, these could be early Volvo B5LHs, displaced indirectly by the loss of route 125, I think on 31st Jan 2015 when it goes to Metroline. Mind you, on a West Yorks forum I have just read a rumour about 10-reg double-deckers going from London to Yorkshire Tiger!
You need to read the posts more closely ! It clearly says Edleston road is closed from SUNDAY, hence my question.
Or did it close on Saturday anyway ?

Oly

(16/08/2014 20:38)R311 WVR Wrote:  It says above.. Edleston road was closed so the diversion meant Deckers COULD NOT GO ON THE 84's. However, it's stupid as it CLOSES TOMMOROW! Woops!

Nice to have 2425 on the 37 for once today, it's a nice bus, but it's rattles a lot at the back, and is a little slow. 2503 was a nice ride home tonight, quite quick and didn't rattle!
All of the bus stops/on bus information posters stated Saturday 16th, Hence why I thought, Although a road sign said 17th...All buses still operated via Edleston road yesterday, dispite the 84's all being single deck operated
(17/08/2014 10:04)R311 WVR Wrote:  All of the bus stops/on bus information posters stated Saturday 16th, Hence why I thought, Although a road sign said 17th...All buses still operated via Edleston road yesterday, dispite the 84's all being single deck operated

Due to past experiences with road closures it was decided to err on the side of caution with the 84's and put the single deckers out. The Management understandably do not want to risk the possibility of a DD being sent down Mill St.
The deroofing of 3354 in Macclesfield is still very much on everyones mind.
I can understand now why the Cadets/Centros were on the 84's now, if the risk was there..

Any news of the Arrival of the Two DLAs to replace 4141/042?
I still say that the deroofing of 3354 in Macclesfield probably wouldn't have happened if the old information office on Bus Station was open as Andy seemed to always make sure everything from Macc ran ok and the right buses were on the right runs, I just find it strange it happened not long after the information office shut
Olympian please read above posts, the 84s are single deckers for approx a week as edleston road is CLOSED. Norm serv I presume as nxt wk???

Copey mentioned a few posts back that 4042/4141 are poss been replaced 4030 & 4098 from wales.
Copey can you confirm is 4143 now withdrawn also? Not seen it about for past few days so assume its withdrawn now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)