Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
[/quote]
One thing I can never make sense of is why Chester have 3 route 1's. It makes abaolutely no sense to me, it's as though they've gone 'Oh lets make a bus route, stop there there there and there... what shall we number this, 1? Yes 1. Right, lets make another bus route, go round in a circle there, come back. Hmm, what shall we number this, 1? Yes. 1. We'll do one that goes round the other way and number that one 1A. Right, another bus route, go up there, past the Zoo, up to the city. Stop here, there, everywhere. What shall we nu... 1? Oh, are you sure? Oh well I guess that's ok...
[/quote]

Yes it is stupid, it often confuses people, Chester routes need to be looked at as there a few other routes like this, the number 9 to Pipers Ash and the 9 to Connah's Quay, both go from Foregate Street. The bus routes in Chester all seem to be kept to low numbers of which is the problem but changing route numbers for all services will confuse passengers of which come July 8th will happen with the 2, X2, 6, 7, 7A and 8.

I wonder if there is actually anything you can do to change all of this. What I mean is to stop duplicating route numbers.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday I visited Rock Ferry with a friend at around 1745 the inspector let us get some shots of the Gemini and he told us to come up Saturday to get the rest sometime after 11.30

Also he had a list with him of RF allocations that he was reading
The following info might be useful to you

As each Gemini arrives a Scania goes back in its place to Yorkshire he had floline as the first one to leave Rock Ferry unfortunately it did not list the others

After the 6 other Gemini arrive on Saturday they will be 7 Scania short so expect on Saturday for some Prismas and Olympians to be out covering these buses as on Saturday the PVR is still like it is now

From Sunday the following will happen
SERVICE 1/2 - Solar only will operate both (hence branding removed) they have 12 Solars at RF according to his list and there are 6 buses on the new 1 and 6 buses on the 2.

From Sunday until Wednesday due to the Gemini getting tested
SERVICE 471/2 - will be all the newer Scania Floline/Ultralows they have at that time I will get the full list on Saturday after the Scanias have gone.

After Olympics there are Volvo Single Decks coming to replace the rest of the scanias and the Prismas unknown any more info at moment and there is another 5 Gemini. Due to replace Olympians as they can't be used after September

Also the reason for these newer buses is due to the sale of RF to make it stronger to potential Bidders

Another note:
The inspector said expect drivers to get lost on the 2 on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday as only 20 drivers have had route training and by time it starts it be 25
Unfortunately there are drivers who not been trained on it Monday

Hope all this info is useful and I will give u all a update with pics on Saturday night/Sunday morning
Find all posts by this user
Quote:One thing I can never make sense of is why Chester have 3 route 1's. It makes abaolutely no sense to me, it's as though they've gone 'Oh lets make a bus route, stop there there there and there... what shall we number this, 1? Yes 1. Right, lets make another bus route, go round in a circle there, come back. Hmm, what shall we number this, 1? Yes. 1. We'll do one that goes round the other way and number that one 1A. Right, another bus route, go up there, past the Zoo, up to the city. Stop here, there, everywhere. What shall we nu... 1? Oh, are you sure? Oh well I guess that's ok...

The reason is historical. The local Chester route 1 is an ex-Chester City route. The Liverpool 1 operated by First is derived from the former Crosville C1, and the other Arriva 1 is from another former Crosville route, I think the D1.

But yes - it is confusing, and you might have thought First and/or CWaC might have taken rhe opportunity afforded by the QBP to eliminate one of them.
One thing I can never make sense of is why Chester have 3 route 1's. It makes abaolutely no sense to me, it's as though they've gone 'Oh lets make a bus route, stop there there there and there... what shall we number this, 1? Yes 1. Right, lets make another bus route, go round in a circle there, come back. Hmm, what shall we number this, 1? Yes. 1. We'll do one that goes round the other way and number that one 1A. Right, another bus route, go up there, past the Zoo, up to the city. Stop here, there, everywhere. What shall we nu... 1? Oh, are you sure? Oh well I guess that's ok...
[/quote]

Yes it is stupid, it often confuses people, Chester routes need to be looked at as there a few other routes like this, the number 9 to Pipers Ash and the 9 to Connah's Quay, both go from Foregate Street. The bus routes in Chester all seem to be kept to low numbers of which is the problem but changing route numbers for all services will confuse passengers of which come July 8th will happen with the 2, X2, 6, 7, 7A and 8.

I wonder if there is actually anything you can do to change all of this. What I mean is to stop duplicating route numbers.
[/quote]

Whilst it might confuse you it does not confuse me, the Blacon & Liverpool 1s operate from different stand at the bus exchange, the Wrexham 1 uses a different route in the City Centre, regular passengers know what 1s to catch, so no point renumbering them.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(06/07/2012 12:23)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(06/07/2012 08:28)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  

[/quote]

Whilst it might confuse you it does not confuse me, the Blacon & Liverpool 1s operate from different stand at the bus exchange, the Wrexham 1 uses a different route in the City Centre, regular passengers know what 1s to catch, so no point renumbering them.
[/quote]

This didnt happen in the end because Arriva used 4** before the number but if the 401 had also been a service 1 that is when the chaos ensues with identical numbers on Chester - Liverpool services .
I dont want to start any more comment off about the 1's because we had enough of that with infamy141 on the previous forum and he got pilloried about from post to post .
So are Rockferry taking over the route 3 from chester when it becomes the number 2?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
there are only 10 solars though. two 04 reg and 8 05 reg.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
typical that in return yorkshire get 60171 which in my opinion is a good bus along with a lot of the l94 flolines at rf. shame that the R GSF crap from chester doesnt go instead and give chester some l94 flolines.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(06/07/2012 15:55)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  typical that in return yorkshire get 60171 which in my opinion is a good bus along with a lot of the l94 flolines at rf. shame that the R GSF crap from chester doesnt go instead and give chester some l94 flolines.

60171 is not a first Manchester bus it is in the First Pottieres fleet

the manchester ones are 60161/69/72/77/90/200/207/209/210/211/216 at RF
60172 or 60177 has gone Yorkshire with others to follow when gems turn up

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)