Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I can see there regulars looking else where for a bus as lately ive noticed a lot more people using fairbrothers now so i guess a lot more will lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I always thought municipals were supposed to be cheaper than the larger companies. Any idea how much Halton and Rossendale charge for day tickets?
(11/08/2014 17:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I always thought municipals were supposed to be cheaper than the larger companies. Any idea how much Halton and Rossendale charge for day tickets?

Rossendalebus are £4.70 Adult all networks,£4 GM Saver but also do advertise the System 1/Metroday tickets as well on there site,in evenings an all network ticket goes down to £3
(11/08/2014 17:52)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Rossendalebus are £4.70 Adult all networks,£4 GM Saver but also do advertise the System 1/Metroday tickets as well on there site,in evenings an all network ticket goes down to £3

Sorry I meant to ask how much Halton and Rossendale charge for weekly tickets not day tickets Angry
Me trying to do 2 things at once Smile
Fairbrothers weekly ticket is £6 and yes we are extremely busy at the moment especially on the Dallam and Westy runs
(11/08/2014 18:15)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Fairbrothers weekly ticket is £6 and yes we are extremely busy at the moment especially on the Dallam and Westy runs
Well if fairbrothers are gonna expand then now is the time to do it as i think the locals are getting fed up of the fare increases as there not just going up in small stages there hiking up at a ridiculous rate.
(11/08/2014 18:12)Mayneway Wrote:  Sorry I meant to ask how much Halton and Rossendale charge for weekly tickets not day tickets Angry
Me trying to do 2 things at once Smile
I think halton charge £14 or £15 for a weekly and £4 for a day ticket.
(11/08/2014 18:32)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Well if fairbrothers are gonna expand then now is the time to do it as i think the locals are getting fed up of the fare increases as there not just going up in small stages there hiking up at a ridiculous rate.

They need to expand and give passengers a cheaper alternative.
I think First made that mistake a few years back here in Machester and it allowed smaller independents like Bluebird and JPT and also Speedwell to flourish.
Last time I was in Warrington I was surprised at the lack of evening and even Sunday services. Perhaps its a chance for Fairbrothers or even another operator to try thier hand at some late evening and Sunday services too.

Perhaps it's a chance for a larger operator to extend into Warrington. Stagecoach Manchester?? Or Arriva?
(11/08/2014 19:12)Dentonian Wrote:  Trouble is, the CMA won't like those horrible Goliaths muscleing in (Stagecoach) or threatening a local monopoly (Arriva). £6 for a weekly ticket is going from the ridiculous to the sublime, but unfortunately, no Operator can survive with those sort of fares.

They couldn't expect to survive long term I agree but Fairbothers only operate a couple of services at present so if they did expand they would certainly have to increase their prices, although I notice their single fares have recently increased to £1.30??

The comment about the CMA is spot on although I always get confused. When Stagecoach was forced to sell Preston Bus it was deemed 'in the best interests of the bus passengers' so if say, for example, Stagecoach extended operations from Manchester into Warrington and ran against Network Warrington on some routes, charging £13.00 for a weekly compared to £24 Network Warrington are charging - how is a £11 saving not in the best interests of the bus passenger?
It's a shame what is happening to the company. They are in an awful lot of debt and see increasing fares as a way of increasing revenue. Perhaps doing the opposite and lowering fares across the board may tempt people to use them more...

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)