Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(21/07/2014 21:20)Shaun821 Wrote:  The X8 will not be calling at Birkenhead. The last stop before Liverpool will be Bromborough as there are already plenty of services between Bromborough and Birkenhead. Could see this route being done in around 1 hour one way. Im sure it will be heavily used by those wishing to travel to Cheshire Oaks.

Being very canny by not coming into Chester the conventional way from Ellesmere Port and Cheshire Oaks .

If the X8 is going to be heavily used , can see the frequency being cut on the service 1 in the long term , there is only a certain amount of passengers you can get before you dilute one route from the other.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 1 is still going to be the local bus service for a lot of people and dont forget its still going to be the only bus that calls at Chester Zoo from the Liverpool direction.
Looks like the 'new' X8 may have something to do with Stagecoach's ops director given his history in the industry. Bet he would be running it with VRs as well if he could!
Can't say I've actually seen it out in regular service at all but quite noteworthy is 21252 being out on the 1 early this morning, also, the new Enviro200's & Solo's for Preston are parked up at the end of the yard at Rock Ferry.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The same day the X8 is introduced there is a timetable alteration for the 41 / 41A /42 route .

Is it just pure coincidence or is there a bigger alteration coming up for this route .
(22/07/2014 07:53)126th street Wrote:  Looks like the 'new' X8 may have something to do with Stagecoach's ops director given his history in the industry. Bet he would be running it with VRs as well if he could!

Who is ops director these days?
X8 timetable

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/07/2014 13:55)busdude Wrote:  X8 timetable

Now this is interesting that Bromborough Cross will not be a stop on the majority of X8 journeys , I do wonder whether the QBP rules prevent the use of Bromborough Cross on journeys other than Monday to Saturday morning and evening journeys .
For an express service, its barely faster than the 1. It shouldn't call at Ellesmere port as you already have the 1,2 and X2 there. It should be done in just under 1 hour not over. Unless its going to get good revenue from the Liverpool end to Ellesmere Port then in my opinion its a mistake sending it there.
(23/07/2014 19:26)Shaun821 Wrote:  For an express service, its barely faster than the 1. It shouldn't call at Ellesmere port as you already have the 1,2 and X2 there. It should be done in just under 1 hour not over. Unless its going to get good revenue from the Liverpool end to Ellesmere Port then in my opinion its a mistake sending it there.
I completely agree - a big disappointment in my opinion. I think that Birkenhead Bus Station should have been served instead of Ellesmere Port Bus Station. I can understand why they want the service to serve Cheshire Oaks and would even understand if it went via the zoo, but not Ellesmere Port...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)