Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/07/2014 14:33)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't think these Tridents are staying at AZ. All the JPT contracts are apparently being retendered so come the end of the school term they will probably join thier sisters at Hyde Rd.

Could move to Middleton to replace the p-reg Olympians as they are still used on schools
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/07/2014 17:11)Dentonian Wrote:  That's fair enough on a School day, but not acceptable on a Saturday, and certainly not on a Sunday! Today has seen 256 branded hybrids on both Hyde Road and 255s, with unbranded examples on X57/205 & 76, whilst 19358 (at least) was on 219s.

Presumably with AZ running a third of 219's Mon-Sat with standard Enviro400's, the hybrids that would have been used will be used on other HE services instead.
It makes a mockery of route branding really.
I saw a bizarre display on a route 42a Solo this afternoon. It was heading for Reddish, and had University and Didsbury included in the via points scrolling display. I found this odd as on Sundays route 42a is an East Didsbury - Reddish shuttle.
(06/07/2014 17:11)Dentonian Wrote:  That's fair enough on a School day, but not acceptable on a Saturday, and certainly not on a Sunday! Today has seen 256 branded hybrids on both Hyde Road and 255s, with unbranded examples on X57/205 & 76, whilst 19358 (at least) was on 219s.

12228 was on X57.
A bit of money pledged by the Chancellor today for Manchester -- mainly for the Metrolink, but some for buses too.
I do not have full details yet, but will try to edit this to link to an article when one has been produced, assumedly shortly.
Possible delays to 216/231 this coming Saturday as Ashton New Road is going to be closed in both directions from Every Street-Alan Touring Way junction, not to sure what for or what diversions both routes will be taking but I found out this while on a 231 on Saturday as those mobile variable message signs were out saying "Ashton New Road Closed 12/7 AM-13/7 AM"
(07/07/2014 06:36)M60lad Wrote:  Possible delays to 216/231 this coming Saturday as Ashton New Road is going to be closed in both directions from Every Street-Alan Touring Way junction, not to sure what for or what diversions both routes will be taking but I found out this while on a 231 on Saturday as those mobile variable message signs were out saying "Ashton New Road Closed 12/7 AM-13/7 AM"

It's apparently for the erection of a very large crane near the Ethiad stadium.
(06/07/2014 09:20)Dentonian Wrote:  As for ALX400s in general, I think the 168/9 is still the best place to see at least some of Hyde Road's. I've yet to see either of the pair on loan from Bedford, though - and I have no idea what has happened to those ostensibly at Ashton (17200/2/40/1/2).

I did see 17241 on a morning 231 last Monday with JPT stickers in the windscreen, heading from Ashton to Manchester passing Littlemoss at about 8am
(07/07/2014 15:29)Dentonian Wrote:  Actually, they aren't - unless the CMA steps in! When Stagecoach purchased Jpt, they took on all Contract commitments unchanged, so the original expiry dates will be honoured.

Arh ok. Slightly different to what was posted either on here or elsewhere soon after the takeover by someone stating that all the tenders would be re-issued after 3 months but I suppose things change.
Spotted this photo on Flickr: a whole load of Enviro400s working on the shuttle services for the Tour de France at the weekend:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coalescent/14591190835

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)