Current time: 04/05/2024, 00:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(08/07/2014 19:19)motormayhem1 Wrote:  All we seem to get is everyone elses cast offs as i think the solo srs are to small for ceryain times of the day on certain routes as talks of deckers have started to get played down as been told we may not get deckers now.

I can't say I'm surprised about SH possibly not getting deckers MM, seeing as it's being treated as a dumping ground right now.

When the 2014 order list came out, I was hopeful that St Helens would at least get something, but there's nothing planned. I just wonder what state the fleet will be in by the time new vehicles actually turn up, considering the fitters will be fighting a losing battle and probably already are, seeing as someone thought it was a genius idea to hoarde 47 vehicles that are over 13 years of age at the same depot.

(08/07/2014 19:31)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  I can't say I'm surprised about SH possibly not getting deckers MM, seeing as it's being treated as a dumping ground right now.

When the 2014 order list came out, I was hopeful that St Helens would at least get something, but there's nothing planned. I just wonder what state the fleet will be in by the time new vehicles actually turn up, considering the fitters will be fighting a losing battle and probably already are, seeing as someone thought it was a genius idea to hoarde 47 vehicles that are over 13 years of age at the same depot.

I think there is more chance of trams on the 10 than deckers,but seriously who started that rumour anyway, 10/10A had New Pulsars not that long ago and they are more than capable for the services, St Helens needs newer stock,47 old bangers will have the habit of breaking down too often so something newer needs to be found soon, if not new buses something with more life in it than an X Reg Dart etc. Arriva does have a large number of buses around that age not just at St Helens ,all coming up for replacement in the next 2 years,but with what ?, It won`t be with Leather Seated Enviro400`s you can forget that,Enviro200`s or more Solos could be nearer the mark.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
But Solo's are too small for St Helens. I feel that Optare Versa's would have been a better choice back in 2012 than the SR's that we got.
(08/07/2014 22:10)St Helens Rider Wrote:  But Solo's are too small for St Helens. I feel that Optare Versa's would have been a better choice back in 2012 than the SR's that we got.

It must boil down to cost,with Arriva not wishing to invest in full size buses for St Helens, hence the Solos and now Enviro200s are on order for Wrexham and Bangor so there`s a clue to what lies ahead.
It must be terribly frustrating for those at St Helens depot. I'm a lowly bus user, buses interest me only because I use them so much. And from the outside looking in it does appear St Helens gets hand-me-downs. Again from the outside looking in Speke looks to get looked after, I suppose their Myllenniums are moving on to be replaced by the new Enviro400s which are due at the end of the month. What would be Spekes average fleet age then?
Some Arriva depots seem to operate a mish mash of vehicle types. There's only Pulsars that appear to be standard across the network. Having so many different vehicle types must cost the company a fortune.
(09/07/2014 00:31)turbo777 Wrote:  It must be terribly frustrating for those at St Helens depot. I'm a lowly bus user, buses interest me only because I use them so much. And from the outside looking in it does appear St Helens gets hand-me-downs. Again from the outside looking in Speke looks to get looked after, I suppose their Myllenniums are moving on to be replaced by the new Enviro400s which are due at the end of the month. What would be Spekes average fleet age then?
Some Arriva depots seem to operate a mish mash of vehicle types. There's only Pulsars that appear to be standard across the network. Having so many different vehicle types must cost the company a fortune.

I think we have touched this topic just recently in the Crosville Club , it seems this is a rather touchy subject to some forum readers.
Looks like another bus as arrived being 2345
So another elderly cast off then.
(09/07/2014 05:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like another bus as arrived being 2345

From Green Lane then, the start of them making space for mylleniums. you will probably get the other V plater, that being 2344.
(09/07/2014 07:04)MPTE1955 Wrote:  From Green Lane then, the start of them making space for mylleniums. you will probably get the other V plater, that being 2344.

I'm sure the Engineers at JS are looking forward to that lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)