Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(26/04/2014 20:42)John I Wrote:  Citaro 60264 operating service 135 in Manchester this afternoon.

Dear me desperate times at Bury, usually Bendis and B9s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I thought the Citaros were undergoing DDA mods to extend their lives? Certainly some have been done and I can't see them doing just a handful. I think they're good buses, ok a bit non standard and a bit expensive to replace glass etc. but I'd think it'll be B10BLEs that will go first, as well as the handful of older Dartsthat remain.

John
(27/04/2014 08:03)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  I thought the Citaros were undergoing DDA mods to extend their lives? Certainly some have been done and I can't see them doing just a handful. I think they're good buses, ok a bit non standard and a bit expensive to replace glass etc. but I'd think it'll be B10BLEs that will go first, as well as the handful of older Darts that remain.

John

Correct, the Citaros are not the oldest single decks with-in the group, but are the oldest at Bury. Also do remember that they will 14-years old this year.

The small handful of older Darts with-in the group, should be replaced by the current order of 285x Streetlite's, 15x Solo's and 12x Versa's.
(27/04/2014 08:03)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  I thought the Citaros were undergoing DDA mods to extend their lives? Certainly some have been done and I can't see them doing just a handful. I think they're good buses, ok a bit non standard and a bit expensive to replace glass etc. but I'd think it'll be B10BLEs that will go first, as well as the handful of older Dartsthat remain.

John

DDA mods are basically just disability and discrimination mods fancy new destis door rails and extended luggage racks changes nothing, about life expectancy. One of the Bury drivers summed it up best about citaros good buses but to easily rundown, plus extremely expensive to repair. The B10BLEs well most are going to be moving to Yorkshire.

As has been said Before No the citaros are not the oldest but are in very poor condition, within the First manchester group Bury has the oldest fleet, and something will have to be done sooner rather than later.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/81788292@N07/14025310806/

First Cross Connect branded First Manchester Streetlite 63149 for the 42 to East Didsbury

Copyright - Buses2012
Unusual sightings on the 471 saw 60283 and 2 other citaros didn't get fleet numbers

Distinct lack of Scania Bendis as usually you can find at least two per day mixed with B9s or occasional B7s
B9 37442 from Oldham depot operating on the 41 between Manchester and West Didsbury today
[quote='SF07' pid='56128' dateline='1398706964']
B9 37442 from Oldham depot operating on the 41 between Manchester and West Didsbury

37442QS is a manchester depot bus and has been for more than 1 year. QS are doing 41s for the next 7 weeks
The citaros are manky horrible buggers, even going over the slightest bump they rattle & bang about something chronic. That been said 64029/60269 look really smart with their new paint jobs & led displays just a shame the interiors haven't been touched.
64029 has a nice interior and doesn't rattle as much, a lot better than any of the others.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)