Current time: 23/04/2024, 22:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(18/01/2014 18:00)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 16:09)wirralbus Wrote:  The X22 and service 38 alterations have come at a good time considering The Open this year at Hoylake , during that time you could guarantee a double decker to be on both services .

You wouldn't get a decker around the X22 route unless it's a low-bridge vehicle due to the low bridge in Neston, although I agree decker workings on the 38 may be plausible, thinking back to the last one in 2006, First still employed their usual Optare Delta's on the 38 at the time.

Low bridges are on Liverpool Rd and in and Little Neston, the X22 will avoid them..

EDIT: route is serving Little Neston so saloons are required

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...014%29.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/01/2014 19:09)DVG526 Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 18:00)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 16:09)wirralbus Wrote:  The X22 and service 38 alterations have come at a good time considering The Open this year at Hoylake , during that time you could guarantee a double decker to be on both services .

You wouldn't get a decker around the X22 route unless it's a low-bridge vehicle due to the low bridge in Neston, although I agree decker workings on the 38 may be plausible, thinking back to the last one in 2006, First still employed their usual Optare Delta's on the 38 at the time.

Low bridges are on Liverpool Rd and in and Little Neston, the X22 will avoid them..

Absolutely correct - Crosville's C22 was decker operated off and on over the years. Back in the early 70s there were some morning workings which were DLG/DFG/DFB operated where West Kirby and Chester crews swapped buses at Parkgate.
I think Mersey travel may have it wrong, according to the commercial manager at Gilmoss the X22 is being run by Chester, maybe Mersey travel have forgotten Stagecoach also have Chester

(18/01/2014 14:33)E208 WBG Wrote:  according to new X22 times its ran by Stagecoach Wirral

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
The early morning and evening positioning journeys clearly indicate that X22 will be operated by Chester
Wirral newsbeat
20 hours ago
Stagecoach route 38 update....

The 38 to New ferry will no longer pick passengers up from stand 8 in birkenhead bus station. It will stop at stand 11 outside the Bus station until further notice....
38 Bromborough - Heswall or West Kirby

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just looked at both the 38 and X22 timetable, by the look of it the two services will probably interwork with eachother. X22 arrives at Heswall at 19 minutes past whilst the 38 leaves Heswall at 24 past. My guess is that the drivers will have a 5 minute layover in Heswall after working on the X22 then changes to the 38.

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
so will be operated by Rock Ferry then?
(20/01/2014 18:19)E208 WBG Wrote:  so will be operated by Rock Ferry then?

A friend of mine has noted a Chester based bus (34598) on route training passing through neston a few times today, so perhaps not..

I am no longer active on this forum.
The X22 is being run by Chester not Rockferry, and that information came from the operations manager at Gilmoss, Stagecoach wouldn't offer the Chester and Ellesmere port day rider on a service that's being run by stagecoach Wirral!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)