Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Enviro 19018 is In for repaint and retrim. The others are to follow.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anybody know what the route amendments are to routes of 38, 41 & 42?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/01/2014 16:34)busdude Wrote:  Anybody know what the route amendments are to routes of 38, 41 & 42?
An alteration of route 41/42 to Croft Retail Park (Bromborough) was mentioned along with the re-introduction of night services on the 41/42 corridor, and an extension of route 38 to Heswall from West Kirby and Croft Retail Park from New Ferry.

Whether they actually decided to go ahead with any of it is another question.

I am no longer active on this forum.
The 41 and 42 maybe a possibility via the Retail Park , any reintroduction of an evening service would mean that Avon getting another little shove from Stagecoach . ** Stagecoach beware of the monumental traffic gridlock this place suffers at certain times of the year **.

38 to Heswall would effectively seal the fate of the 22 if it had any future whatsoever after the X22 came into being.
(09/01/2014 19:58)wirralbus Wrote:  The 41 and 42 maybe a possibility via the Retail Park , any reintroduction of an evening service would mean that Avon getting another little shove from Stagecoach . ** Stagecoach beware of the monumental traffic gridlock this place suffers at certain times of the year **.

38 to Heswall would effectively seal the fate of the 22 if it had any future whatsoever after the X22 came into being.

If it does extend to Heswall, I agree that would not help Avon's cause. But that would make it a monster meandering route. Why not complete the circle back to Bromborough via Clatterbridge and Spital.
Stagecoach are celebrating their 1st birthday since the takeover of First last year by offering unlimited travel on Sunday on all Stagecoach services in Chester and Wirral for £1.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=9268
Believe every other 38 from new ferry will be extended to the croft,this will be good for cross
wirral customers

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(10/01/2014 23:19)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach are celebrating their 1st birthday since the takeover of First last year by offering unlimited travel on Sunday on all Stagecoach services in Chester and Wirral for £1.

Nice to see they failed to mention their £1 ticket wasn't valid on Merseytravel tendered services though.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
(13/01/2014 11:47)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(10/01/2014 23:19)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach are celebrating their 1st birthday since the takeover of First last year by offering unlimited travel on Sunday on all Stagecoach services in Chester and Wirral for £1.

Nice to see they failed to mention their £1 ticket wasn't valid on Merseytravel tendered services though.

Other than the early 141/142 services what other merseytravel contracts do they do on a Sunday ?
(13/01/2014 14:18)wirralbus Wrote:  Other than the early 141/142 services what other merseytravel contracts do they do on a Sunday ?

They're the services I meant as I had to walk to Woodchurch to get the first bus of the day to Birkenhead to go towards Chester. Upon enquiring with customer services they say I should have been able to buy the day rider on the 141/142, it's not a big deal as I only had to pay £2.20 for a days travel in all.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)