Current time: 02/06/2024, 09:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
JPT have a number of buses advertised for sale in Route One.

For those who can't see the attachment, or if it doesn't work:
Choice of 6 Plaxton Primos
Choice of 8 Volvo B7TLs
Choice of 2 ADL Enviro 300s

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
These must have real problems, selling newer vehicles and yet have bought some older ones, I'm not that familiar with JPT but are they actually struggling.
They done this last if i remember correctly,sold newer buses and then went out and bought older stock.
What i cant understand is on the primo advert it states there selling them as they require larger buses but next to them there selling there larger buses what they claim they need so imo oppinion i no i shouldnt say it but could they be finding it hard now fighting against first and stagecoach as they seem to be going back in time rather than forwards.
I've said this elsewhere recently but when JPT was owned and run by the J&P of JP Travel (Janet & Pete) it was a well run bus company with regular drivers on regular routes who were always friendly but Janet and Pete have virtually retired and its their son virtually running it now and its just not the same and hasn't been for a while, just hope they can sort things out
I'm not there biggest fan, I think it's clear that in the last few years the company has been out to make a fast buck and nothing much else.
They talked the talk but clearly couldn't walk the walk with all this talk of new larger depots and expansion of commercial services - all of which have come to nothing.

I've said it before but they still have some good solid tenders and schools ect, what they need to do is concentrate on them, but it does look like if there selling most if not all of their modern stock, and were talking 16 vehicles here, then they are clearing struggling.
Weren't the Primos used for route 17? If so that may explain the sale of those. I do not understand the other sales though.
(09/01/2014 11:51)Polo Mint Wrote:  Weren't the Primos used for route 17? If so that may explain the sale of those. I do not understand the other sales though.

They were used on most of their services.
Latterly I've seen them being used on evening tenders but tbh they don't have set buses to set routes it's just what turns upSmile
With first doing a £1.50 return from moston, thete is no way on earth jpt can compete, it is sh*t but they will be bullied out of business by first and stagecoach
I don't think they will be 'bullied out' of business.

As I've already said the owner needs to realise that there's no way on earth they can compete with the giants on a commercial level. They need to retract and focus on the tenders they have and try and gain more. At the end of the day it's garrenteed income.

But as a good friend said to me today. They are getting there just deserts. They pushed Bluebird to the brink in recent years so now it's their turn.
Yeah true, I dont like seeing small independent companies go down

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)