Current time: 18/04/2024, 13:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(03/01/2014 21:52)wirralbus Wrote:  This will cause a merry go round of routes as Chester looks to be fit to burst , so more of the QBP route 1 will get operated by Rock Ferry depot probably
All of QBP route 1/2 currently operate out of Rock Ferry anyway and have been since the last 1/2 timetable kicked in.

I believe there are also some service alterations and/or extensions in the works for some Wirral routes too however as of yet nothing has been announced officially.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One of the green swoops liveried open top Tridents (17479 or 17502) is parked up in the depot at Rock Ferry, along with one of the red Olympians.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/01/2014 06:43)wirralbus Wrote:  I would think the new 6 service, Ellesmere Port, Great Sutton and Little Sutton, would run out of Chester's depot , as the X2 Chester to Ellesmere Port QBP is run from there, and as Chester is less of a travelling distance as that of Ellesmere Port is to Rockferry, hence less of wasted mileage, plus given that on Chester's buses it advertises it fares as Chester and Ellesmere Port, where as Rockferry have Wirral and Liverpool, I guess only time will tell,
Also thinking about it, Chester are due for 4 06 plated darts that are being re-engine at the councils cost for services 7 and 9 so that would free up some 04 plates to run them

As much as i would like to see a half hourly service on this side of the Wirral peninsular , i do fear there will not be enough passengers for a service of that frequency .

I think if you try to speed the service up you will have to travel directly off the A540 at Neston and avoid all further detours like Willaston and Mollington.

If that is the case on that side of the Wirral for a limited stop service then isnt there a case for one down the other side of the Wirral.

Whilst where on about new services who will operate the new service 6 , Chester or Rock Ferry in Ellesmere Port

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
These new services look like Stagecoach are testing the water to see what else may be available in the area.

The current service 22 takes exactly 1 hour to do the run from Heswall to Chester. An X22 that missed out certain sections of the route (for example, the part via Lower Heswall) could do the journey in say 50 - 55 minutes. That would require 2 vehicles for an hourly service.

The 6 in Ellesmere Port was increased to a 20 min frequency fairly recently so GHA must be doing OK with that. Again, that would only take 2 vehicles to maintain a reasonable frequency.

I expect Stagecoach will not tread on Arriva's toes, but I do see Avon, GHA & some of the smaller operators having more competition in the future.
Both the New 6 and X22 are to be operated by Stagecoach In Chester

(06/01/2014 14:36)chester285 Wrote:  Both the New 6 and X22 are to be operated by Stagecoach In Chester

Thank you for the clarification on these matters .

Just as a matter of interest is the X22 running just to Heswall or onwards further , normally the Cheshire West and Cheshire Service Change doesnt make a mistake .
As far as I am aware its only to Heswall

(06/01/2014 19:08)wirralbus Wrote:  
(06/01/2014 14:36)chester285 Wrote:  Both the New 6 and X22 are to be operated by Stagecoach In Chester

Thank you for the clarification on these matters .

Just as a matter of interest is the X22 running just to Heswall or onwards further , normally the Cheshire West and Cheshire Service Change doesnt make a mistake .

(04/01/2014 07:56)M60lad Wrote:  I can actually see X22 working especially if it creates a 30min service from Chester-Heswall as currently at the moment some (not to sure if its all) journeys are leaving Chester Exchange fully loaded so to create a combined 30min service could actually work

Ive been on and seen many 222s last year and certainly not even half id say have ever left full,those that have the majority of passengers have then been passholders or kids at school times so not really revenue generating. You can have a full bus but not be profitable.
Trident 17036(s836BWC) has returned to rock ferry.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Trainer 52257 M943TSX parked in Rock Ferry this afternoon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)