Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(22/12/2013 13:10)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Why would introducing additional services on the wirral result in a bus war! Two routes that could do with some level of choice for the passenger would be the 410 and 437.. The passenger numbers merit alternative operators.. Presently they are both a monoploy. Why are the routes 1,2 and 471/472 so different. I think the 410 and 437 should become QBP's

First and Arriva effectively competed on the 1/2 and 471/2 before the QBP. Arriva has no competition on the 410 and 437, so why would they just give up a share of these routes in a QBP. As for more choice - QBPs create less choice. Prior to the QBP, passengers on the 72/472 had more frequent buses and the choice to bypass Arrowe Park Hospital. Now there are less journeys and you have to detour via the hospital.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva have the 437 stitched up at 10 minute intervals , it has been at 7/8 minutes at one point , cant see there being enough passengers for Stagecoach to poach .

Stagecoach can not even say they will put better vehicles out on this route because 90% of the time new hybrid vehicles are used on this service and before that new enviro 400 where also used.
Stagecoach should take up some of the old Impera routes i.e. 31, 39 or 98. They had decent loadings and made great connections for some places

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I agree some of the daytime work on those ex impera routes might be a good option , depends on how many staff they would need to take on to operate anything more than what they operate at this moment in time .
(23/12/2013 14:36)busdude Wrote:  Stagecoach should take up some of the old Impera routes i.e. 31, 39 or 98. They had decent loadings and made great connections for some places

If Impera could not make a go of these routes, I cannot see Stagecoach touching them with a barge pole
Will the Rock Ferry or Gillmoss depot operate the Christmas day services?
(24/12/2013 08:25)moreton407 Wrote:  Will the Rock Ferry or Gillmoss depot operate the Christmas day services?

As I said on page 210, it is likely to be Gillmoss.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
(23/12/2013 22:48)lcm453 Wrote:  
(23/12/2013 14:36)busdude Wrote:  Stagecoach should take up some of the old Impera routes i.e. 31, 39 or 98. They had decent loadings and made great connections for some places
If Impera could not make a go of these routes, I cannot see Stagecoach touching them with a barge pole
Generally, their 31s, 31As, 39s and 98s were doing very well and were hitting company targets; the 15s, 16s and 47s were not doing as well. As I've said many times before, though, Impera didn't fail solely because of how their services were performing.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
If the 39 branch of services were good money makers then Avon wouldn't of canceled what seemed to be busiest journey, the 39c.
Maybe there is more to this cancellation of the 39? Im my opinion, it is worth running.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)