Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(12/11/2013 23:57)Mayneway Wrote:  
(12/11/2013 22:30)jimbo Wrote:  Sorry bit extreme, my point remains, the management are stupid, how do they expect to grow a customer base if they register and cancle the same service over and over. .. give up on the 17...

I do agree in part.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have gained a tender somewhere so need to free up some vehicles.
Whats the betting that come March/April next year theirs another registration for them on the 17.

I always forget to check in when im in Manchester but how do JPT fair on the 112/113 services against Stagecoach?
Presumably Stagecoach feel no real threat as they are yet to 'turn up the heat' although they could be playing the waiting game.LOL

i`d say there about even on the 112/113 services
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/11/2013 00:02)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(12/11/2013 23:57)Mayneway Wrote:  
(12/11/2013 22:30)jimbo Wrote:  Sorry bit extreme, my point remains, the management are stupid, how do they expect to grow a customer base if they register and cancle the same service over and over. .. give up on the 17...

I do agree in part.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have gained a tender somewhere so need to free up some vehicles.
Whats the betting that come March/April next year theirs another registration for them on the 17.

I always forget to check in when im in Manchester but how do JPT fair on the 112/113 services against Stagecoach?
Presumably Stagecoach feel no real threat as they are yet to 'turn up the heat' although they could be playing the waiting game.LOL

i`d say there about even on the 112/113 services

Really?
That's interesting.
Thanks
Jpt get quite busy tbh, they are cheaper, but stagecoach run the late evening tender and are better quality... jpt seem to be a company for the elsewhere sacked, so quality in driving isnt the best... I can't talk my driving isn't perfect, but no customers hold on with me driving
Actually if your talking about 112 then its JPT that run the late evening 112s and with them also running their 118s as well this means they've got a 30min service at night from Manchester-Moston Ben Brierley, infact at night there's only First and JPT that run up through Moston and Harperhey at night
Im sure I saw somewhere that stagecoach put in a tender bid of like 1k to run it
Ye I agree that it is 50/50 on the 112 at the moment. Hopefully the 2 companies can co-exist.

(05/10/2013 00:33)M393VWX Wrote:  I have been informed from a friend that R872LHG an ex CMT and Stagecoach Gillmoss Volvo B10L Wright Liberator has entered service in fleet livery and has been on 17s can anyone confirm this? Also another 4 or 5 to enter service as well i have been told

Ye I've seen it a few times, still has Stagecoach interiors.

(12/11/2013 17:55)jimbo Wrote:  PC0004873/92 - PETER VINCENT WALSH & PARTNERS T/A J P EXECUTIVE TRAVEL, THE COACH HOUSE, JOSHUA LANE, MIDDLETON, MANCHESTER, M24 2AZ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Middleton Bus Station and Manchester Shudehill Interchange given service number 17 effective from 02-Jan-2014.

that lasted long

Over so soon? No shock there, haven't seen more than 3 people on their buses.
I wondered they have still BMC Falcon BU53PNV ex-Chester City Transport Park and Ride at JPT yard? or gone or possibly still in service?
Currently on a SORN so not in use wherever it may be.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
I've added a couple of JPT photos that were taken earlier today on my Flickr, I'll try to add some more when I've got the time.

R867 LHG - Volvo B10L/Wright Liberator
R873 LHG - Volvo B10L/Wright Liberator
V387 KVY - Optare Excel L1150
RT59 JPT - Alexander Dennis Enviro 300
S148 KNK - Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine II
S156 KNK - Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine II
P822 SGP - Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine I

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Only started to see those 2 olympians recently so im guessing new additions

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)