Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The tridents currently based at Chester, do they see any service work at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The loaned SPD darts at Rock Ferry are supposedly heading back to Gillmoss this weekend as the contracts they are covering are to be operated by Happy Als as of next week I believe.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Stagecoach have provided an outline of the timetable changes that will be made from 24 November 2013. All good news from what I can see;

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=8476

Quote:1 Chester - Zoo - Cheshire Oaks - Ellesmere Port - New Ferry - Birkenhead - Liverpool

We are aware that buses on service 1 have been suffering a number of reliability issues, due to the busy nature of the route and congestion hotspots, such as Cheshire Oaks and Chester Zoo.

As a result, we will be revising the Monday to Saturday timetable to provide more time for buses to complete each journey and also to allow more time at each end of the route for our buses to layover and give a much better chance of starting each journey on time. There are also some minor improvements to late evening journeys.

We are pleased to announce that the Sunday and Bank Holiday timetable will be increased to operate every 20 minutes, so for the key parts of the day, buses will have the same frequency, seven days per week!

There are no changes to the associated services 2 or X2.

1 / 1A Chester - Blacon circular services

We are aware that the Sunday service is becoming increasingly busier and we are pleased to announce that the frequency will be increased to every 20 minutes during Sunday shopping hours, each way around the Blacon loop. This means a combined headway of a bus every 10 minutes during Sunday daytimes! The new journeys will be operated by Stagecoach, but are fully coordinated with the Arriva buses, which will also have timetable changes.

We are also pleased to announce that an additional two later buses will run at midnight and half-past midnight, on Friday and Saturday nights.

Customers should also note that service 15 Chester - Saughall will have some minor timetable changes from the same date to improve reliability. In addition, the 1835 hours journey from Chester will become a 15 and be operated by Arriva
Cheshire Oaks is always a pain to operate around particularly in the run up to Christmas , with buses sometimes stuck nose to tail at times .

Never realised Chester Zoo was a hotspot , every time I have been there has never been any congestion .
I just to ask anyone know about two of wrights single decker buses were No28531 S102TNB and No28538 V138DND which I haven't see them for few while and what going on now? possibly withdrawn from service.
(13/10/2013 08:42)326VFM Wrote:  I just to ask anyone know about two of wrights single decker buses were No28531 S102TNB and No28538 V138DND which I haven't see them for few while and what going on now? possibly withdrawn from service.

I believe they are now withdrawn and where last seen in Gillmoss, as to their whereabouts now I have no idea!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(13/10/2013 10:53)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(13/10/2013 08:42)326VFM Wrote:  I just to ask anyone know about two of wrights single decker buses were No28531 S102TNB and No28538 V138DND which I haven't see them for few while and what going on now? possibly withdrawn from service.

I believe they are now withdrawn and where last seen in Gillmoss, as to their whereabouts now I have no idea!

V138DND really waste of time repaired front end which accident damaged early about spring time this year and repainted new Stagecoach livery, but look at now withdrawn from service. Cost of lots of money throw away.
Do Stagecoach Chester operate any of the ex First Bus Marshall Darts or have they all been sold now?
(13/10/2013 11:51)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Do Stagecoach Chester operate any of the ex First Bus Marshall Darts or have they all been sold now?

Ex-Chester/ First Darts SLF Marshall now all gone and not here anymore. All gone before summer time.
But I'm still looking for No368 and 371, First 41068 and 71, Stagecoach No33408 and 10. So I believe it No368 may gone for scrapped but not sure yet.
So Chester operate the Darts, Enviros and Volvo Eclipses out of the depot?

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)