Current time: 05/05/2024, 04:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/10/2013 12:51)SLTRegular Wrote:  Stagecoach didnt operate any extras to Old Trafford yesterday so the taxis made a killing.

I was around Old Trafford for the Super League Grand Final last night and there was a 255 parked up with a couple of Stagecoach staff on hand at the bus stop on Chester Road just before Sir Matt Busby Way when I arrived at around 8.30pm. There was also another Stagecoach bus out of service but didn't pick up any passengers. I did wonder whether these two buses were special services with only one being used or a case of the 255 being the 1938 journey from Partington being held up. Either way, it did miss out Trafford Bar and Chester Road stops by heading along Bridgewater Way into Manchester.

M Travel did have a couple of Darts taking fans into Manchester but obviously couldn't take many. Quite a few fans were standing around at the match buses stop on Chester Road after Sir Matt Busby Way, while more were standing along Chester Road looking for taxis. However, I think the majority would have left Old Trafford by coach or by Metrolink.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Guessing the 51 plate Solo 47002 has been transferred back to Stockport. Saw it do a couple 375's Yesterday.
AZ still stuck with their habit of using a MAN or Enviro200 on the 183 runs, rather than use a Solo whilst there was 2 serviceable
(06/10/2013 19:42)Benzo Wrote:  Guessing the 51 plate Solo 47002 has been transferred back to Stockport. Saw it do a couple 375's Yesterday.
AZ still stuck with their habit of using a MAN or Enviro200 on the 183 runs, rather than use a Solo whilst there was 2 serviceable

I regularly use the 183 and during the week they use a MAN because it goes off in the morning and and the afternoon on an 835 Newman RC College-Sholver school bus they need to use a MAN for the capacity, but sometimes they use an Enviro400 I think it's happened about 3 times when I've been on it, they use the Enviro200 because only a few people use it and I've seen 47001 being used for crew change on the 183 before, there was once also a Trident used.
22105 has moved to Sharston from Wigan
(06/10/2013 19:42)Benzo Wrote:  Guessing the 51 plate Solo 47002 has been transferred back to Stockport. Saw it do a couple 375's Yesterday.

they still use 33174 as a taxi bus
(07/10/2013 18:26)mic Wrote:  

they still use 33174 as a taxi bus

33174 still makes regular service quite often.
It often works the 342/4 and I've seen it over the last few weeks on 217/218s and 346's.
SF07 Northern ran extras to Old Trafford Halt as well. but Stagecoach ran nothing extra from Wigan or Manchester as far as im aware. i did note m travel and the loadings where mental.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Saw a Wigan depot Enviro300 driving through town this morning, the front LED said MegaBus.com and the rear had an M. Any ideas why?

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Just a rough guess, but I'd say maybe it was on Megabus duty?? DodgyLOL
Probably whoever was driving it had just put that Megabus.com on the front as correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that any of Wigan's fleet have actually got tacho's fitted so therefor can't be used on Megabus work

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)