Current time: 24/04/2024, 13:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
well i hope chester get some solars back preferably 65704-7, 38,9,40 and 41. but i doubt it.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I just wonder whether Merseytravel will actually enforce anything with regards to vehicles meeting the criteria. I refer specifically to the emissions standards because as I say, 54 plate Geminis and the 04/05 plate Solars are likely to be Euro III whereas I believe the standard QBP specification is minimum Euro IV (may even be Euro V).

I'd be skeptical though; Ultralows could probably be run and Merseytravel wouldn't bat an eyelid. I'd like to know how involved Chester West Council are as they seem to have been more efficient at actually enforcing their QBPs.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I believe these deckers are only on loan till after the Olympics when slightly newer buses will arrive and some Volvo b7 single decks should also arrive soon
I think we should call it a day now and just wait and see, theres been so many suggestions, and so many possibilites as to what we'll be getting, and where they'll be from only time will tell!

I am no longer active on this forum.
correct but looking at peoples views this service will go downhill and train service going more regular in time will everyone dropping the buses by the looks of the posts and the time the first bus gets you to chester in morning, to late for workers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
People on here are enthusiasts, not everyday passengers, people wont just "switch to the train", Im pretty sure most passengers will be made up about their day tickets being used on both services! The amount of times I've used a 401 or a 1 to hear a passenger ask "Can I get on with this?" only to be rejected is countless

Personally I see it as an improvement! It means slightly better quality buses for the routes, and more flexability with tickets, People with an Arriva Weekly ticket can now travel to chester on a Sunday again!
yes but theres people who use the bus to get to work who i have talked to in the past and they have said to me they only just get in on time as it is

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/06/2012 21:05)bolton bus basher Wrote:  yes but theres people who use the bus to get to work who i have talked to in the past and they have said to me they only just get in on time as it is

But buses now run earlier in both directions?
Agreed with Reece there, many times when I used arriva weeklys have I waited for a 401 in the cold and wet, during the half an hour gap in Liverpool between the 1625 and 1655 401s, and 2 first number 1s have passed by, one busy heading to chester, and the other a short journey to the port...

Once this partnership starts, at least you know if the arriva vehicle fails, or first for that matter, you can get the other operators route with your ticket and not have to wait many many decades for the next trip by the same operator!

Good from both a passenger and enthusiasts point of view.

I am no longer active on this forum.
I'd be very surprised if there's not an increase in train passengers along that corridor for those that can afford the price difference.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)