Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(11/07/2013 13:31)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  Chester should still be due 17036 from Devon to replace 16197, though I believe some sort of mechanical issue with 16197 (may be wrong) means they have 18152 on short term loan until 17036 arrives.

I believe that 16197 (N536 LHG) has blown its engine. So is destined for Barnsley I would of thought. Also to add that 2 09 reg Eclipses have been on Liverpool's 1 today, these being YJ09 FWD and YJ09 FWE, meanwhile MX05 CKL or CKK was on Blacons.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/07/2013 13:31)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  Not confirmed, but it is looking more likely that 18149-18153 will transfer to Chester & Wirral from Preston, for Rock Ferry. This is due to school contract losses at Chorley meaning they now don't need all 8 as planned. Chester should still be due 17036 from Devon to replace 16197, though I believe some sort of mechanical issue with 16197 (may be wrong) means they have 18152 on short term loan until 17036 arrives.

18148 expected at Rock Ferry too.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
(11/07/2013 19:15)PO62 MKA Wrote:  I believe that 16197 (N536 LHG) has blown its engine. So is destined for Barnsley I would of thought. Also to add that 2 09 reg Eclipses have been on Liverpool's 1 today, these being YJ09 FWD and YJ09 FWE, meanwhile MX05 CKL or CKK was on Blacons.

That reminds me, having observed the new scrolling destinations the other day, you really do have to wait until the bus is nearly on top of you to you to read that it's going to Liverpool City Centre (on the top line) and loads of scrolling places on the bottom line, as much as I dislike it I feel that a route such as the 1 will benefit from this seeing as it mostly carries tourists throughout the daytime to Cheshire Oaks, Blue Planet Aquarium and the Zoo etc.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
With regards to the Destination displays , is the top line a static line and its just the via points that are scrolling , to keep most peoples attention though three via points is usually enough any more and its information overload.
(12/07/2013 13:35)wirralbus Wrote:  With regards to the Destination displays , is the top line a static line and its just the via points that are scrolling , to keep most peoples attention though three via points is usually enough any more and its information overload.

The top line is a static line, the via points scroll below the static line. A via point to note is on route 51 in Chester to Plas Newton, one of the via points displays Dixons Drive when it should be Dicksons Drive. LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Can anyone inform me of the runs that operate out of the Chester depot pls?
(12/07/2013 21:37)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Can anyone inform me of the runs that operate out of the Chester depot pls?

RS Turbo50 from Memory Chester operate the following:

1 Liverpool to Chester
2 Liverpool to Chester
X2 Ellesmere Port to Chester
1/1A Blacon to Chester Circular
5 Chester to Huntington
6 Chester to Boughton Heath
7/7A Chester to Vicars Cross
8/9 Chester to Pipers Ash
15/15A Chester to Saughall Circular
16/16A/X16 Chester to Saltney
30 Chester to Boughton Heath P&R
31 Chester to Sealand Road P&R
32 Chester to Chester Zoo P&R
33 Chester to Wrexham Road P&R
50 Bus Exchange to Rail Station
51 Chester to Plas Newton
53 Chester to Kingsway
208 Bishops Bluecoat School to Great Sutton
Chester City Tour

Hope that is some use
(10/07/2013 17:15)R874 ERE Wrote:  Leyland Olympian D158 FYM is currently in Rock Ferry, was noted having sightseeing branding removed off the rear today. Perhaps for use on the 15 this weekend?

D158 FYM was indeed out today, with good loadings and getting quite a few photos taken.
(13/07/2013 20:01)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(10/07/2013 17:15)R874 ERE Wrote:  Leyland Olympian D158 FYM is currently in Rock Ferry, was noted having sightseeing branding removed off the rear today. Perhaps for use on the 15 this weekend?

D158 FYM was indeed out today, with good loadings and getting quite a few photos taken.

Any pics of it cant find it anywhere?
Sorry I rarely carry a camera - might take one to Burscough today. Try R557 ABA - got ta a feeling he might have ebeen out this afternoon

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)