Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
17066 has been in MagicBus colours for over a year.

Route swap wise I'm not sure what is planned to swap depot. However, I do know that the plan was to convert 112 to ALX300 operation, and swap darts from MN with ALX300s from ST (route 374) and HE (route 171)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Been told that stagecoach in wigan have lost all there ex maytree routes to SLT and now wigan traffic will have 14 drivers to many!
Well that won't happen until July, if indeed it is true, as they are on emergency tenders anyway at the moment.
I get the feeling someone is having a laugh as I don't think SLT have enough vehicles in their fleet to cope with ALL the ex Maytree routes, as well as their normal duties. And as for the 14 drivers too many, I am sure other work will be found for them somewhere.
(03/06/2013 21:41)ace Wrote:  Well that won't happen until July, if indeed it is true, as they are on emergency tenders anyway at the moment.
I get the feeling someone is having a laugh as I don't think SLT have enough vehicles in their fleet to cope with ALL the ex Maytree routes, as well as their normal duties. And as for the 14 drivers too many, I am sure other work will be found for them somewhere.

Trust me my source isn't wrong!
I wish I could the same about my source...
>.>
T183 MVM Seen on the 7 towards Ashton
(03/06/2013 21:54)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(03/06/2013 21:41)ace Wrote:  Well that won't happen until July, if indeed it is true, as they are on emergency tenders anyway at the moment.

This is the last thing that needed to happen to Wigan, and being so close to the Runshaw College contract as well. Me thinks that somebody in the offices at Bryn, needs the back side kicking. As for the 14 drivers, there were only temporary, but I do hope that other work, can be found for them.
They were all emergency contracts though, I don't understand your point at all. Stagecoach are a bigger company than SLT thus no doubt have higher running a costs meaning they're unable to bid as low as SLT for tenders. With TfGM along with other PTEs wanting to reduce costs wherever they can, they're quite obviously going to go with the lowest bidder.

As for the 14 drivers, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to find that SLT take at least some of them on to cover this additional work.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(04/06/2013 15:31)MX12EOC Wrote:  I wish I could the same about my source...
>.>
T183 MVM Seen on the 7 towards Ashton

T186MVM also on the 7 tonight. Looks like the T reg's are replacing the X reg's as they head off to Middleton. Wave
(03/06/2013 21:54)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  

I can guarantee you 100% that your source is wrong (I would be interested to know who your source is). No contracts have yet been awarded.

There is a lot of speculation going around at the moment over which contracts have been won or lost. The truth is, no operator knows what the situation is yet. Once contracts are awarded the registrations will be placed and will appear in N&P as normal.

The majority of current arrangements were made for 13 weeks, although some contracts were awarded for longer.

Bear in mind that a lot of people read this site and any speculation which involves potential contract losses generates undue concern for both drivers and passengers.

Chris.
thanks Chirs A.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)