Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(10/05/2013 08:27)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Correct the OFT did receive 3 complaints, hence the investigation.

If other operators don't like, they could always try competing! After all that was the idea of the 1985 Transport Act.

Not quite - the OFT received 3 comments/complaints to their invitation to comment. They were made aware of the takeover by Stagecoach themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Would love the 559 back to its proper route upto Wigan i used to love riding this route and hate riding the 575 or 540 instead. 715 i can live with though as atleast it goes a decent route.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
17629 MagicBus has had a full interior refurb, including blue plastic interior refitting, new orange and blue standard seats and orange poles.

I think maybe this answers the question about their future.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
There is no doubt they have a future, the question is whether that long term future is in MagicBus colours.
Tongue RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Or maybe the old ones were just worn out? Shy
Quite a few of the Magic Buses have had at least some new seats in recent times.
(10/05/2013 16:25)P528LND Wrote:  17629 MagicBus has had a full interior refurb, including blue plastic interior refitting, new orange and blue standard seats and orange poles.

I think maybe this answers the question about their future.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/hhhumber/8360208559/
The bus mentioned has always had the orange interior, for at least 2years now.
Aaah, my bad, I thought it might have been news! Big Grin

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(09/05/2013 18:36)P528LND Wrote:  An issue I find with cross city or cross town services is that if they are late on a certain part of the route, they are late throughout the journey, however even though that may be the case there are still passengers who do change in cities and towns and miss their connecting bus because the previous service was late. You can't get it just right thinking about it :')

I remember the good(?) old days when cross city services were the norm. You could travel along all major routes from Salford, Whitefield, Heaton Park, Middleton and Oldham to Didsbury, Reddish, Chorlton etc. I believe itcould help passengers even if they only want to get just past the city centre rather than having to change buses/operators - seems crackers for a major city not to have more.
Yet another 192 hybrid being towed near Levenshulme, unable to see its details.
What do you mean 'yet another' ? Have there been others?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)