Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Chester Races for the next three days , this is the time that Arriva would have more than likely stuck double deckers on there old 401 services , wonder whether Stagecoach will do the same .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/05/2013 10:53)wirralbus Wrote:  Chester Races for the next three days , this is the time that Arriva would have more than likely stuck double deckers on there old 401 services , wonder whether Stagecoach will do the same .

Seems to be just Solar and Eclipse operated today so far. Meanwhile MX05 CKL and an / Enviro200 are on Blacons today covering for presumably for YJ09 FWF and FWG. YJ09 FWH is still here in the old First livery and is on Blacons as normal.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/05/2013 11:56)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(08/05/2013 10:53)wirralbus Wrote:  Chester Races for the next three days , this is the time that Arriva would have more than likely stuck double deckers on there old 401 services , wonder whether Stagecoach will do the same .

Seems to be just Solar and Eclipse operated today so far. Meanwhile MX05 CKL and an / Enviro200 are on Blacons today covering for presumably for YJ09 FWF and FWG. YJ09 FWH is still here in the old First livery and is on Blacons as normal.

Hi All,
I just letting you know that Eclipse No21259 YJ09FWG already gone to Carlisle about 2 weeks ago for repair nearside bodywork which damaged and repainted into new Stagecoach livery, Last Monday morning I've seem not many First group livery at the Rink Chester, all mostly Stagecoach livery not inc Park and Ride buses. Also I have not see Dart Slf Marshall (ex-Chester) No33411 V372 KLG last in Chester service. I want to know what happen now. Possibly gone to Gillmoss.
Chester Bus Exchange new Bright Yellow Bus Shelters, look worst than in Uk Bus Stations, seem not Safe and lack of Safety, seem cheaper save Council Funds mostly people standing outside while the shelter are full of people standing. Chester Chroncile Newspaper and Chester First Newspaper reporting
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/2013/0...-33302135/
http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/12252...bles-.aspx
they right, the bus station now is a complete joke.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was slightly shocked when I saw them being put up, it would have looked better and probably have been cheaper just to refurbish the shelters that where there.. changed the glass, new seats, lick of paint and tada! Compared to that of Merseytravels main bus stations which have staff on them 24/7 keeping an eye on things, always clean, well lit and loads of space, this seems a bit poor!

Cheshire W&C don't seem to care for publc transport, most of the bus stops in the region are of a poor standard.

On another note, been meaning to upload this for a while.. former Rock Ferry R981 NVT, 40139 (or IDC981 to the crosville folk among us) seen in PVS Barnsley while retrieving spares in August.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29687411@N05/8719233451/
Interior - http://www.flickr.com/photos/29687411@N0...otostream/

Also former RF P227 MPU (34227) and P233 MPU (34233) can be made out in this line. 34233 is the one furthest from the camera. Didn't get any interior pics of them, but when I ventured onboard both where untouched.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29687411@N0...otostream/

Perhaps of interest to somebody!
Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
Hi
As it will be 3 months from takeover date agreed by OFT does this mean that Stagecoach is now able to alter or introduce new services from June in Chester and Wirral? If so, wondered what changes, if any are anticpated?
No undertakings were given to the OFT in the C&W takeover, so it was never the OFT that were stopping service changes.

The 'standstill' period on changes will be down to whatever agreement was reached with First, and unfortunately we're not privy to that information.
Any changes that affect the QBP on routes 1 & 2 would also have to be (presumably) agreed by Merseytravel, Cheshire West & Chester and Arriva as well, so it's not necessarily a straightforward process.

That said, I would like to see a faster service between Chester and Liverpool, even if this were only hourly & am hoping Stagecoach may consider that at some future point?
think the problem that both Arriva and First have now is that most passengers have got used to the present routes of both services and to change them now may be detrimental to there profitability.

Its not the end to end journey time that is the problem now but the links between certain areas of routes that may be demolished if you went for a direct service , like Great Sutton to Cheshire Oaks.

Looking at the route of a more direct service there doesnt really look like there is any potential revenue generators after Great Sutton Village Centre.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)