Current time: 27/04/2024, 11:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/04/2013 19:03)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Runshaw college today told stagecoach in wigan not to operate one of the college buses and that they would lose the other 2 in july due to numerous breakdowns etc! However the operations director for stagecoach Manchester got involved and grovelled to the college and promised to use enviro 400s instead of the elderly olympians and runshaw have given stagecoach another chance!

Out of interest how many buses, does Wigan have on Runshaw nowadays ?, only I heard that upto another 5 Enviro400's could be heading to Wigan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2013 21:08)ace Wrote:  
(30/04/2013 19:41)sumner Wrote:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/east_lancs/...otostream/ Stagecoach can't win with the recent takeovers can they, in this case shouldn't the Enviro200 have the livery without the blue front?! Never mind, interesting to see what these Enviros look like with the standard livery.

Maybe it is totally wrong, but who cares? I like it. Smile

I am sorry, but I for one don't like it.
(30/04/2013 19:03)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Runshaw college today told stagecoach in wigan not to operate one of the college buses and that they would lose the other 2 in july due to numerous breakdowns etc! However the operations director for stagecoach Manchester got involved and grovelled to the college and promised to use enviro 400s instead of the elderly olympians and runshaw have given stagecoach another chance!

Believe that when I see it.

Not exactly Stagecoach's fault First left the Olys and Arrows in such a state. As far as I know things are still on for ex-London Tridents in summer.
(30/04/2013 19:41)sumner Wrote:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/east_lancs/...otostream/ Stagecoach can't win with the recent takeovers can they, in this case shouldn't the Enviro200 have the livery without the blue front?! Never mind, interesting to see what these Enviros look like with the standard livery.

I noticed this in Glossop one afternoon last week doing the Carpenters workservice and to be honest had to double take. I do actually like it and think it looks a lot smarter than the ones with the white swoops at the front.
Well although This rule of no first liveried buses on lates maybe true. S654RNA was still on 628 lates at 10pm the other night so cant see it being to true.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

I agree, they can't win. I think that the paint shop are drunk to be honest. Painting the buses in the livery the wrong way round (if that made sense)
(30/04/2013 22:40)mbonwick Wrote:  

Believe that when I see it.

Not exactly Stagecoach's fault First left the Olys and Arrows in such a state. As far as I know things are still on for ex-London Tridents in summer.

That maybe ture, but stagecoach has had 5-months in which to sort the problems out with the ex first vehicles. The biggest mistake todate is allowing the Gemini's to go to scotland.

dont Worksop East Midlands have some longer versions in this livery?
i cant see a college telling a company not to run a bus for them as it will just cause problems for students getting to and from college, i think someones pulling your leg mate

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A college will tell a company not to run a bus for them if the service they provide is unreliable whether it be from breakdowns or something else. Therefore, when this occurs and it doesnt get sorted out they will then get another company to provide the service. Common sense really isnt it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)