Current time: 04/10/2024, 08:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I think that might be one of the first 'out the door' when the cascade team discover it Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2013 15:36)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(28/02/2013 14:03)mbonwick Wrote:  Open to correction here...

Think the 45/6 were withdrawn when Metrolink was extended?
The MagicBus MANs were definitely sent to Yorkshire to discourage First from competeing, however in the end they went into swoops as SYPTE introduced a QBP on the routes in question.

Actully the MANs were sent to replace Wright Renowns that had been sent to swindon,heres a report about there withdrawels,look like some part of the routes was replaced by 84
http://manchestertransport.wordpress.com...k-changes/

That is what ended up happening, but the MANs originally went over for the purpose I stated. They hung around in reserve for a while before they went back into swoops and replaced those Renowns.

I would imagine that the Bluebird B7TL will be very quickly disposed - there's plenty of standard vehicles spare in Manchester at the moment to replace it.
(28/02/2013 23:53)mbonwick Wrote:  
(28/02/2013 15:36)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(28/02/2013 14:03)mbonwick Wrote:  Open to correction here...

Think the 45/6 were withdrawn when Metrolink was extended?
The MagicBus MANs were definitely sent to Yorkshire to discourage First from competeing, however in the end they went into swoops as SYPTE introduced a QBP on the routes in question.

Actully the MANs were sent to replace Wright Renowns that had been sent to swindon,heres a report about there withdrawels,look like some part of the routes was replaced by 84
http://manchestertransport.wordpress.com...k-changes/

That is what ended up happening, but the MANs originally went over for the purpose I stated. They hung around in reserve for a while before they went back into swoops and replaced those Renowns.

I would imagine that the Bluebird B7TL will be very quickly disposed - there's plenty of standard vehicles spare in Manchester at the moment to replace it.

It begs the question, what if anything of the Bluebird fleet will be kept 'long term' and painted into Stagecoach colours.
I can possibly see the Solo's and Enviro200's staying, but the Darts??
One thing i would like to see is that shabby London red MPD getting either painted or scrapped. It looks a right old state!
Dont think R1BLU with ever get to carry its Stagecoach number as its no longer in Bluebirds fleet as I saw it disappearing down Broadway Chadderton earlier this week being suspended towed by a big red tow wagon

Also Stagecoach will only be getting one of the Centros from Bluebird due to one of them catching fire earlier this year

As for the Solo SRs I wonder whether these will join/replace the ones at Stockport Depot eventually
(01/03/2013 07:07)M60lad Wrote:  Dont think R1BLU with ever get to carry its Stagecoach number as its no longer in Bluebirds fleet as I saw it disappearing down Broadway Chadderton earlier this week being suspended towed by a big red tow wagon

Also Stagecoach will only be getting one of the Centros from Bluebird due to one of them catching fire earlier this year

As for the Solo SRs I wonder whether these will join/replace the ones at Stockport Depot eventually

I Could see the Solo SRs moving to Wales,Theyve got some similer solos the same age so a swap would make things more standerd (wales has already got SRs,Manchesters just got standerd)
19517 enviro400 was on my local bus 631 and it is nice engine...I forget which engine is on 19517? it is MAN or cummins?

Thank you

Martyn
I can confirm there's a Plaxton Pointer 1 from bluebird at Hyde road, along with an eclipse and a yellow MPD. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
People where talking earlier about the 132 it used to Oddly operated by Ince Depot using the P Plate Ex Stagecoach Olympians or M Plate Endurances they had.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
It seems odd that Stagecoach should numbered the two Bluebird Plaxton Centro bodied VDL SB120's 26130 & 26131, when the other buses which are numbered in the 26xxx series are DAF SB220's, and the other DAF SB120's which are in the fleet are numbered in the 359xx series.
(01/03/2013 14:46)Scania3379man Wrote:  19517 enviro400 was on my local bus 631 and it is nice engine...I forget which engine is on 19517? it is MAN or cummins?

Thank you

Martyn

And I saw 19518 on the 540 this afternoon, and 19519 on the X34 this morning (1 March).

User(s) browsing this thread: 94 Guest(s)