Current time: 04/10/2024, 12:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(26/02/2013 22:12)ace Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 21:49)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 19:38)ace Wrote:  Yes it is true. And from 2023 onwards that will be the case...

Yup :L it's 16 years under TfGM conditions, although from that rumour (again) it said next year seems like a bunch of BS but it could be true, we never know.

If there were to be no buses in Manchester older than 2007, what would happen to the Magic Routes? I can't see 70 five year old buses suddenly being painted blue somehow. The Wigan fleet would then have to be turned upside down. Yes, there's been some new buses recently but there's still around 80 or so older than 2007. It may be possible that all Enviro400's will be 07 reg or newer, with a lot of older Enviro400's due for cascade soon, but as for the older end of the fleet, I think it may be some years yet before we see 100% 2007 or newer, unless of course the Green Bus Fund gives Manchester enough funds to buy around 150 or more new hybrids, which is slightly ambitious to put it mildly LOL

I agree that replacing everything older than 07 does sound crazy, but only as crazy as you suggesting they will transfer 07 deckers out and bring older, shabbier deckers in to run Wigan depots Manchester routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/02/2013 22:42)gemini6491 Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 21:49)MX12EOC Wrote:  Yup :L it's 16 years under TfGM conditions, although from that rumour (again) it said next year seems like a bunch of BS but it could be true, we never know.

If there were to be no buses in Manchester older than 2007, what would happen to the Magic Routes? I can't see 70 five year old buses suddenly being painted blue somehow. The Wigan fleet would then have to be turned upside down. Yes, there's been some new buses recently but there's still around 80 or so older than 2007. It may be possible that all Enviro400's will be 07 reg or newer, with a lot of older Enviro400's due for cascade soon, but as for the older end of the fleet, I think it may be some years yet before we see 100% 2007 or newer, unless of course the Green Bus Fund gives Manchester enough funds to buy around 150 or more new hybrids, which is slightly ambitious to put it mildly LOL

I agree that replacing everything older than 07 does sound crazy, but only as crazy as you suggesting they will transfer 07 deckers out and bring older, shabbier deckers in to run Wigan depots Manchester routes.

Yes point taken on that one. LOL
(26/02/2013 22:42)gemini6491 Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 21:49)MX12EOC Wrote:  Yup :L it's 16 years under TfGM conditions, although from that rumour (again) it said next year seems like a bunch of BS but it could be true, we never know.

how about we just say that theres 5,000 new Enviro 400s due for manchester to replace the entire fleet,seems the all Buses before 2007 to go idea has about as much truth as that does HammerLaughLaugh
Moving on, now the acquisition has happened does anyone think they have any ideas on how stagecoach are going to look into developing the Wigan network to its full potential? Looking at an express route from Wigan to Manchester seems a very likely option as well as altering the 32 service. But any other ideas? Maybe we'll see Stagecoach branch out to places like the Trafford centre, and integrate it better into the Manchester network, St Helens or even further afield?
(26/02/2013 23:13)gemini6491 Wrote:  Moving on, now the acquisition has happened does anyone think they have any ideas on how stagecoach are going to look into developing the Wigan network to its full potential? Looking at an express route from Wigan to Manchester seems a very likely option as well as altering the 32 service. But any other ideas? Maybe we'll see Stagecoach branch out to places like the Trafford centre, and integrate it better into the Manchester network, St Helens or even further afield?

im not sure,didnt firstbus try competing against Slt on the Wigan > Trafford Centre about 5/6 years ago & lost badly,maybe go onto the Wigan > Chorley route against arriva,The thing with Wigan is that its near a lot of places (Warrington,Chorley,Ormskirk,St Helens) & go further out youve got Liverpool,Preston & Southport,lots of areas Stagecoach could create links to but questions are that a)will they be used? & b) does stagecoach want to try & expand at the moment,if i was them i would try & get the local routes into shape before expanding
I don't see an express route between Manchester and Wigan happening any time soon, since they have excellent train links into Manchester and it would just be a waste of money. The train fare isn't that much more than a Stagecoach Dayrider and it's a damn-sight faster too.

However I do see the same approach between Manchester and Leigh. They will be the operator on the new guided busway being built, so whatever happens there isn't as mysterious as we might think. It's quite clear that Stagecoach saw the potential they had from this new busway and as soon as they saw Wigan up for grabs, they saw another 'Cambridge'. I'm just saying that it's an opportunity they didn't want to miss, and the Cambridge busway has deemed extremely popular.

Now I'm not usually one to make things up and speculate, but this seems to be written in stone for me. It may never be as popular as the Cambridge busway, and it might not be catered for in the same detail (ie. busway liveries etc.) but for me, I don't see them not promoting it in a huge way.

(27/02/2013 02:03)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  didnt firstbus try competing against Slt on the Wigan > Trafford Centre

Didn't GM/First run the 132 and eventually give/sell the route to SLT? I'm sure it's the same story as the 300...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
19519 out in service today in wigan as parked up with ticket machine fitted and driver waiting his time.
First originally created the 132 as a variation of the 32 which at the time was a limited stop to Manchester and the 132 ran to Trafford Center limited stop. Then First reduced the 132 to Saturday only journeys and SLT introduced the 132 as Mon-Fri stopping journey. First then scrapped the 33 Mon-Sat daytime and made the 32 a stopping journey.
Thing is though this is Stagecoach now, if they wanted to try a route to the Trafford Centre then they're likely to do a better job of it and more determined to make it work than First did. I thought myself about Stagecoach linking Wigan and Chorley but obviously that would mean competing with Arriva.
(27/02/2013 18:39)sumner Wrote:  Thing is though this is Stagecoach now, if they wanted to try a route to the Trafford Centre then they're likely to do a better job of it and more determined to make it work than First did. I thought myself about Stagecoach linking Wigan and Chorley but obviously that would mean competing with Arriva.

Some form of express route to Liverpool somehow would be nice as there's currently like no bus services that go to Liverpool like there is going to Manchester. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 278 Guest(s)