Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(25/02/2013 19:23)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  Well as both the Wigan and Bluebird acquisitions have gone through without a hitch, I suppose this makes the Chester & Wirral acquisition more likely to pass muster. Smile

In other news, Arriva Chester depot are not liking the new ticket prices Stagecoach have come up with for their operations, undercutting them somewhat, they are also looking at refusing to accept Stagecoach passes, I got stopped this morning by a driver and warned about the issue.

A ticket pricing war may be on the cards.
I was told by a Stagecoach driver that my Arriva Student Saver won't be permitted shortly... Confused

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/02/2013 19:31)3111 Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 19:23)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  Well as both the Wigan and Bluebird acquisitions have gone through without a hitch, I suppose this makes the Chester & Wirral acquisition more likely to pass muster. Smile

In other news, Arriva Chester depot are not liking the new ticket prices Stagecoach have come up with for their operations, undercutting them somewhat, they are also looking at refusing to accept Stagecoach passes, I got stopped this morning by a driver and warned about the issue.

I was told by a Stagecoach driver that my Arriva Student Saver won't be permitted shortly... Confused

I have a Stagecoach pass Dodgy

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner

Think both Cheshire West and Chester Council and Merseytravel may need to step in here as it will only take one false move from either Stagecoach and Arriva and there could be blood on the carpets .
Find all posts by this user
(25/02/2013 19:32)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 19:31)3111 Wrote:  

I have a Stagecoach pass Dodgy
? Huh

These QBP routes throughout Wirral/Chester are likely to be abandoned IMO.

Too many competing people/businesses involved.

The current Stagecoach fares are only "introductory" anyway.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(25/02/2013 19:44)First Class Wrote:  These QBP routes throughout Wirral/Chester are likely to be abandoned IMO.
A while ago, I heard something along the lines of the new boss of Stagecoach Wirral and/or Chester dislikes the boss of Arriva Birkenhead from pre-Arriva days (Birkenhead Corporation?). Can't expand more, although I could guess that Stagecoach may expand into Arriva territory in due course...

(25/02/2013 19:44)First Class Wrote:  These QBP routes throughout Wirral/Chester are likely to be abandoned IMO.

Well I don't believe Stagecoach have done anything wrong, there keeping the prices down to attract customers onto their buses, Arriva should respect that and lower there prices at the same time, keeps everyone happy, not put them up like they do.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
(25/02/2013 19:48)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  

Well I don't believe Stagecoach have done anything wrong, there keeping the prices down to attract customers onto their buses, Arriva should respect that and lower there prices at the same time, keeps everyone happy, not put them up like they do.

The Stagecoach prices will increase by 25%-50% within the next month or so.

The prices are only low at the moment to get people used to their products. I suspect when the new ticket machines appear, the fares will rocket again.

Why should Arriva cut their prices? Stagecoach are surely making a loss on these temporary fares.

If Stagecoach do venture into Arrivas Territory, passengers will vote with their feet and Arriva would have no choice but to reduce their fares,

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(25/02/2013 19:55)chester285 Wrote:  If Stagecoach do venture into Arrivas Territory, passengers will vote with their feet and Arriva would have no choice but to reduce their fares,

Arriva won't reduce the fares. They will cut/reduce the service(s).

Contrary to popular belief, the bus fares only carry a minimal profit as it is now, hence why Arriva are looking to improve the actual quality of the service, rather than fares & timetables.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)