Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(18/02/2013 19:42)Penny Return Wrote:  
(18/02/2013 19:29)wirralbus Wrote:  The service 1 should be shared as well as the service 2 as at present .
You have to blame merseytravel,this qbp is a dogs breakfast,they must have known
when it was set up that stagecoach were to take over first and they would not want
to do monthly tickets

The 1/2/X2 are not just merseytravel's incarnation though .

How is the Blacon Pointer qbp doing ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2013 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  If anything, Merseytravel knew that First were about to sell their depot and should not have set up a QBP for the wirral until the takeover was complete.

The QBP was set up to try and prevent the sale of the depots as a last minute attempt by First. At that point it was announced that it was a possibility, not a definate 'up for sale'. Perhaps if the management at chester and rf where more adventurous with their routes...

who knows.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
(18/02/2013 20:22)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(18/02/2013 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  If anything, Merseytravel knew that First were about to sell their depot and should not have set up a QBP for the wirral until the takeover was complete.

The QBP was set up to try and prevent the sale of the depots as a last minute attempt by First. At that point it was announced that it was a possibility, not a definate 'up for sale'. Perhaps if the management at chester and rf where more adventurous with their routes...

who knows.

Luke

On that basis, this QBP arrangement has been a mess up for all concerned with setting it up.
From a personal perspective, the QBP suits me well as it makes life easy for me getting to work. Before the QBP started on the Chester - Liverpool corridor, I had to stick to Arriva as I have to travel beyond Liverpool city centre.

However, I do think the present arrangement needs a re-think because if nothing changes, Arriva will most likely do their own thing anyway & it could end up with a bus war on the Wirral which isn't really in anyone's interests.

I agree that some form of semi-fast service is warranted between Chester & Liverpool - this could take the form of either an extended X2 or a new X11 (or both Idea) on top of the existing services 1 & 2.

I'd also like to see service 2 run a little later in the evenings & possibly on Sundays as well? I can't believe there's no demand from Hope Farm at these times.
21251 noted repainted, parked up in Rock Ferry depot this afternoon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
"New" buses in Gillmoss depot a few days ago were:
- R125 GSF (28977)
- R343 SUT (29878)
- R440 ALS (28979)
- R874 ERE (28983), which has been here for about two weeks
- An X-registered Floline, presumably for a repaint although it was parked among older buses in the first line closest to the entrance

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/02/2013 23:15)3111 Wrote:  "New" buses in Gillmoss depot a few days ago were:
- R125 GSF (28977)
- R343 SUT (29878)
- R440 ALS (28979)
- R874 ERE (28983), which has been here for about two weeks
- An X-registered Floline, presumably for a repaint although it was parked among older buses in the first line closest to the entrance

Have any of the ex first buses in GM gone to the scrap man yet?

(22/02/2013 10:48)R874 ERE Wrote:  Have any of the ex first buses in GM gone to the scrap man yet?

Its understood all vehciles will have to be retained until a decision by the OfT is reached on whether the purchase of Wigan can remain with Stagecoach. A number of Excels appear to be withdrawn, with their futures looking rather forlorn.

I cannot imagine any of the inherited fleet of Dart's, B10BLE's, Excels, Arrow's or Olympians will survive.
oops, forgot about the OfT review.. thanks!

In terms of Wigan, Stagecoach gave undertakings that meant they can't do anything that affects the value of the business assets whilst the OFT review is carried out. That should hopefully report on Monday, at which point all the darts and Excels on the disposal list will be offered for sale.

In terms of Chester & Wirral, no such undertakings have yet been given (which suggests the takeover was self-referred), but in any case Stagecoach will want to cover themselves and their investment (new Enviro200s etc) should the OFT come up with some perverse findings.

So no, we won't see anything departing MY&SL just yet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)