Current time: 06/10/2024, 08:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(11/02/2013 17:27)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Why wouldn't they be valid on their commercial services? Surely they have to accept them as per any other company, no? The soccerbus I can understand as it's a 'special'.
Not sure! When I was on it, I don't think that Saveaways were permitted on-board - although hundreds of people boarded... I may be wrong, but I'm just going by my memory!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm referring to commercial services though, I assume by your wording you're referring to the soccerbus service?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2013 18:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I'm referring to commercial services though, I assume by your wording you're referring to the soccerbus service?
I'm talking about their commercial services (specifically, the 501).

(11/02/2013 18:20)3111 Wrote:  
(11/02/2013 18:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I'm referring to commercial services though, I assume by your wording you're referring to the soccerbus service?
Just asked and only English National Concessions are accepted on their commercial football services. (I can understand why - why fill space with passengers who have, for example, Saveaways when that space could be filled by fare-paying passengers?)

(11/02/2013 18:22)3111 Wrote:  
(11/02/2013 18:20)3111 Wrote:  
Just asked and only English National Concessions are accepted on their commercial football services. (I can understand why - why fill space with passengers who have, for example, Saveaways when that space could be filled by fare-paying passengers?)
And I'm only referring to the football commercial services!

Branded for Routes 20/21 Liverpool - Kirkby Enviro300 been on 22's today. Not sure which one as it travelling too quickly for me to notice.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
(11/02/2013 17:27)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Why wouldn't they be valid on their commercial services? Surely they have to accept them as per any other company, no? The soccerbus I can understand as it's a 'special'.

No bus company is forced to accept Saveaways on commercial services - remember the old North Western refused to accept them for a few years. However, those who do accept Saveaways receive payments from Merseytravel.
(11/02/2013 19:14)Bevan Price Wrote:  However, those who do accept Saveaways receive payments from Merseytravel.
Wrong! PeoplesBus don't accept them on their 501/502 football services because Merseytravel won't reimburse them.

In the end i didn't catch the Soccerbus, i caught the 19 instead & had a quick pre-game pint in The Grove, i walked down to the Cabbage Hall & caught the 14 back after the game, the less said about the game the better.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
21123 out today on the 17/19
there is also an SPD on the 10A today as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 202 Guest(s)