Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(05/02/2013 15:18)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i meant the newish deckers so B7's

Ah, apologies. In which case, yes they will be repainted although I suspect it may not be too long before they are cascaded out to elsewhere in the group (East Midlands for example to concentrate the B7TLs)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
it cool fella i think they are gonna do same as what the did in Liverpool go completely single decker unless 471/2 needs deckers then i think it will be old tridents from london
(05/02/2013 22:07)Harryn9000 Wrote:  it cool fella i think they are gonna do same as what the did in Liverpool go completely single decker unless 471/2 needs deckers then i think it will be old tridents from london

If they go 100% low floor, then it will be completely disgraceful and entirely unacceptable.

Arriva have invested into double deck vehicles, with more, even newer and greener double decker buses on the way.

How can Stagecoach get away with using the likes of an Enviro200 or even a Dart on these 471/472 services?

Arriva must surely consider pulling out of these QBPs if they are sharing revenue with an operator who is actively reducing capacity, and putting more pax onto Arriva buses.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
It would certainly be no worse than what Stagecoach did to replace the Titans in Liverpool. Considering they were happy to single deck routes like the 20/20, 82 and 86, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same to the 471/472. From my observations, it could probably get away with full-size single deckers anyway.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Arriva invest the money because it show the higher bus fares are going somewhere, i would say stagecoach is better operator in my opinion the buses are very comfortable and clean inside and are very modern i can see a lot of new buses coming to northwest within next six months
I can tell you now that the only new buses around Merseyside and the Wirral within the next 6 months will be Enviro300s for Gillmoss, with the likelihood of the SPDs replacing the remaining 'old' Scanias.

There are no plans as far as I am aware to single deck or do anything with the QBP routes. All I was suggesting was that there is the possibility that the 2004 B7TLs could be replaced by ex-Manchester 2007 Enviro400s.
I'm sure I've read somewhere recently that the B9s currently at Stagecoach Wigan are supposedly being transferred to Rock Ferry shortly to make Rock Ferry an all Gemini Depot, apparently Stagecoach Wigan are getting Enviro 400s from Manchester to replace them
That could be the case, however it seems a little silly transferring them just for schools though?

Remember also that the OFT have to clear the takeover before anything can move from Wigan...
(06/02/2013 07:29)M60lad Wrote:  I'm sure I've read somewhere recently that the B9s currently at Stagecoach Wigan are supposedly being transferred to Rock Ferry shortly to make Rock Ferry an all Gemini Depot, apparently Stagecoach Wigan are getting Enviro 400s from Manchester to replace them

I suggested that could be an option for Wigan's B9s if they were to be replaced, but what do I know, just a suggestion!
Short answer, nope!

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)