Current time: 26/04/2024, 18:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(11/01/2013 22:05)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Well done Garsty, definitely something worth capturing so good work! Its sadly looking like I wont be able to get to Liverpool to get pictures tomorrow of their final day but I am definitely going to try get there on Sunday and photograph the takeover by Stagecoach!
The Open-Tops were being left out over night as the last two Bluebirds were inside being finished off then the Staff heading home/back to wherever.

I must admit they do look rather good with the Stagecoach logos its certainly odd looking at them with them!

The signage on the building hasn’t been changed yet, so it’s strange seeing a depot full of First vehicles with Stagecoach logos as of course if the handover is Sunday First still own them for another 25 hours.

I didn’t pester the staff about the happenings tomorrow seeing at it was getting rather late, but I was asked if I would be in Chester tomorrow, so no doubt both Chester and Rock Ferry will be a hive of similar activity late tomorrow evening.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just found this on Merseytravel website. They have put something on there!

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-up...dates.aspx

Also, their new timetables for the 1 and 471 say that all passes can still be used from Sunday.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf
PVS arrived at Rock Ferry and took 60114 and another unidentified vehicle for scrap yesterday
A day in Birkenhead & Chester yesterday, plenty of First (plus Arriva & others in the set)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/set...496717262/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Getting told this morning by a freind of mine that works at stagecoach that there is around 100 drivers ready to walk and leave tommorow once take over as happened and that stagecoach have a list of around 150 that he doesnt want there as his done his servailance on the drivers like he done with GTL and thats the amount that he wants to dispose of.
He was saying stagecoach are already prepared for this though and have betwwen 100-150 drivers ready to go over if drivers do walk to cover service.
Several First buses (Mostly Royales) seen temporarily at chester, having their legals removed and any First branding, The First Stagecoach bus on sight is ones of the Bluebirds, I was speaking to a driver this morning on one of the Marshall bodied Darts and he was saying take the pics while you can because they will be gone tonight, He was'nt sure if they were just going to be repainted or gone for good.... only time will tell!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(12/01/2013 14:17)chester285 Wrote:  I was speaking to a driver this morning on one of the Marshall bodied Darts and he was saying take the pics while you can because they will be gone tonight, He was'nt sure if they were just going to be repainted or gone for good.... only time will tell!

Supposed to be for good, Dart's from Stagecoach Western are due to replace them.
and yet they were allocated a fleet number! i supposed its wait to see what happens

(12/01/2013 14:17)chester285 Wrote:  Several First buses (Mostly Royales) seen temporarily at chester, having their legals removed and any First branding, The First Stagecoach bus on sight is ones of the Bluebirds, I was speaking to a driver this morning on one of the Marshall bodied Darts and he was saying take the pics while you can because they will be gone tonight, He was'nt sure if they were just going to be repainted or gone for good.... only time will tell!

The Royales were back at Rock Ferry by 1.30 - don't know about legals but they still carried First branding and fleet numbers.

First Stagecoach vehicle at Rock ferry this morning was Dart 34603 (SF04 VTE)
Six of the new Enviros had arrived by 1pm.

Les
(12/01/2013 14:47)Les Long Wrote:  
(12/01/2013 14:17)chester285 Wrote:  Several First buses (Mostly Royales) seen temporarily at chester, having their legals removed and any First branding, The First Stagecoach bus on sight is ones of the Bluebirds, I was speaking to a driver this morning on one of the Marshall bodied Darts and he was saying take the pics while you can because they will be gone tonight, He was'nt sure if they were just going to be repainted or gone for good.... only time will tell!

The Royales were back at Rock Ferry by 1.30 - don't know about legals but they still carried First branding and fleet numbers.

First Stagecoach vehicle at Rock ferry this morning was Dart 34603 (SF04 VTE)
Six of the new Enviros had arrived by 1pm.

Les

I know S657 NUG left Chester and that has lost its first logos on the from and sides, but not underneath the Rear top deck window, the legals have gone, i will hopefully get some pics on at somestage.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)