Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(25/12/2012 11:35)126th street Wrote:  
(13/12/2012 12:26)R874 ERE Wrote:  Even running cross river buses into liverpool one bus station rather than just to whitechapel would be an improvement!

The problem with the bus station in Liverpool is that Merseytravel allocate slots there like an airport would so the likelihood of it accepting the volume of buses which come through the tunnel is non-existent. It is full already at some times of day. If a smaller company wanted to run an off-peak service every hour or similar they would no doubt get in but an extra 20+ buses an hour will never happen.

Only need to extend some of the services, e.g. just one or two "core" Wirral routes like the QBP routes, (1/2/471/472).

Considering the very frequent 17/19/20/21 Kirkby services haven't stopped there for about a year now, I'd say there is a lot of spare capacity anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Shocked RE: First Chester & Wirral
Hi - First post on this forum. Wave

Does anyone have any updated information regarding the changeover from First to Stagecoach (i.e. from what date this will become effective)? There's still no information on the Stagecoach Merseyside website, nor on the First Chester & Wirral website (other than the press release in November regarding the sale).

I had a look at the Merseytravel website earlier & whilst they have travel updates listed until well into January 2013, there's no mention there of the changeover either?

Thanks
wirral routes terminating at Whitechapel is fine no need for any changes

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(27/12/2012 12:44)polarbear Wrote:  Hi - First post on this forum. Wave

Does anyone have any updated information regarding the changeover from First to Stagecoach (i.e. from what date this will become effective)? There's still no information on the Stagecoach Merseyside website, nor on the First Chester & Wirral website (other than the press release in November regarding the sale).

I had a look at the Merseytravel website earlier & whilst they have travel updates listed until well into January 2013, there's no mention there of the changeover either?

Thanks

Welcome polarbear, latest I've heard is that the changeover date is the 13th January. If the timetable/fare arrangements are the same as the Wigan takeover, the current fare structure will be in place for around a month (taking us to the middle of February) and timetable changes can take place after 3 months (probably around Mid-April).
(24/12/2012 12:28)Penny Return Wrote:  66701 is working off Rock Ferry,as an ugly looking luggage rack in the centre of the bus

Just checked my notes from begining of December, the following Leeds (Hunslet) based vehicles were seen in service on the Wirral:- 30243, 66700, 66701, 66704, & 66705.

Does anybody know if these are "transferred" or "on Loan" ?
(27/12/2012 18:50)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(24/12/2012 12:28)Penny Return Wrote:  66701 is working off Rock Ferry,as an ugly looking luggage rack in the centre of the bus

Just checked my notes from begining of December, the following Leeds (Hunslet) based vehicles were seen in service on the Wirral:- 30243, 66700, 66701, 66704, & 66705.

Does anybody know if these are "transferred" or "on Loan" ?

They have been transfered and are included in the sale to stagecoach.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
With regards the sale to Stagecoach - nothing further will happen until the licence for Wrexham is granted, and there's no indication on that yet.
The First fare structure will remain in place until First drivers have been trained on the ERG machines and sufficient machines are available, at which point the life expired vehicles will be withdrawn en masse and replaced with the transfers.

On a personal note, is there a list of service operated by the depots being transferred? PVR info would be really handy.....
With 60109 now removed from the scrap line, one can assume there is little left for scrap now at RF as the takeover draws nearer?
I went past last weekend and 60113,60139,60115,60114,34230,34225,61541, 60112(?) and another 342** olympian where still at the back by the wash waiting for the scrap man. Plus all the other P MPU olympians parked indoors are awaiting scrap too..

Not seen if any have gone since 60109, ill check tomorrow.

Id imagine any buses still there now will be gone as soon the festive season is over, definatly before takeover.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
(29/12/2012 16:15)mbonwick Wrote:  On a personal note, is there a list of service operated by the depots being transferred? PVR info would be really handy.....

It will probably be the same as when Stagecoach took Wigan over. There was an announcement on the 'Updates' page which listed services being to be operated which also gave details of acceptance of weekly (First) pre-paid tickets so as to give passengers a smooth transition from one operator to another.

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)