Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Would Stagecoach not of made some reference to any of the buses they intended to keep,
for example the Park and Ride fleet?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach allready have a fleet of Wright Eclipse Volvo B7LE's and Wright Commuters, this isn't a "new" thing, they are not as "non-standard" as suggested!
I am sure as with the Wigan deal what ever buses were in the depot on the day the deal was agreed will stay and transfer over to Stagecoach. Hence why Stagecoach are getting Wigans newer stock.

However if the buses previously mentioned are only there on lease I would imagine them to not be part of the deal.
I would expect that Stagecoach have factored that in when obtaining the operations and will expect First to replace with some buses of equal value .

Its case of wait and see what happens .
(26/11/2012 21:24)chester285 Wrote:  Would Stagecoach not of made some reference to any of the buses they intended to keep,

The P&R fleet are owned by Cheshire West and Chester council, so if stagecoach did not wish to continue with the contract the buses would transfer to another operator who takes up the contract.
(27/11/2012 14:35)darthblakey Wrote:  
(26/11/2012 21:24)chester285 Wrote:  Would Stagecoach not of made some reference to any of the buses they intended to keep,

The P&R fleet are owned by Cheshire West and Chester council, so if stagecoach did not wish to continue with contract the buses would transfer to another operator who takes up the contract.

Would hope that Stagecoach only take old vehicles and that any newish Volvos are not included in the deal.
This would mean that within a very short space of time all trace of First would be gone.
£30M so far, roll on the remaining £70M and we can hope to see more parts of the country as First free zones!
34226 now at PVS Barnsley.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m4presman/8...otostream/

I am no longer active on this forum.
The Park and Ride fleet are owned by First and run on behalf of CWAC
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/latest_news/?id=000571

(27/11/2012 14:35)darthblakey Wrote:  

The P&R fleet are owned by Cheshire West and Chester council, so if stagecoach did not wish to continue with the contract the buses would transfer to another operator who takes up the contract.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I dont think stagecoach will scrap the scanias more likely sold on to stafford bus centre or ensignbus
[quote='chester285' pid='22874' dateline='1354042516']
The Park and Ride fleet are owned by First and run on behalf of CWAC
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/latest_news/?id=000571

My humblest apologies i was under the impression that the previous vehicles (the BMC Falcons) which were owned by Cheshire County Council, First group did want to keep them due to high maintenance costs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)