Current time: 21/06/2024, 20:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
(25/11/2012 20:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Peoplesbus may have been a good option but it all depends whether they have enough vehicles or drivers to cover the work .

I would be interested to find out whether Merseytravel simply select the lowest priced operator for their contracts, regardless of their standards, or whether they have a good look into things like vehicle types, customer service performance, emissions standards etc, even if better quality is more expensive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wouldnt surprise me if they went for the cheapest option otherwise they would simply get one of the bigger firms to cover all their tenders.
(25/11/2012 21:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Wouldnt surprise me if they went for the cheapest option otherwise they would simply get one of the bigger firms to cover all their tenders.

The only time they get the bigger boys in is when they are at desperation stakes and even then its only till they can tender it again .
(25/11/2012 21:41)wirralbus Wrote:  
(25/11/2012 21:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Wouldnt surprise me if they went for the cheapest option otherwise they would simply get one of the bigger firms to cover all their tenders.

The only time they get the bigger boys in is when they are at desperation stakes and even then its only till they can tender it again .

Exactly as the biggers firms are more costly and in most cases don't need the tenders like the smaller firms that rely on tenders as a main source of income.
Emergency tender? Got to say I didn't see that coming... its a strategic fit for ACE like wonder is it something to do with rough roads? Changing hands a lot those routes in that case haha

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(26/11/2012 01:13)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Emergency tender? Got to say I didn't see that coming... Wonder why? Impera don't seem to be struggling unless its just an evaluation from Merseytravel as its a strategic fit for ACE. Changing hands a lot those routes in that case haha

The extra mileage an cost of taking each bus from the Wirral depot to Maghull/Old Roan each day must also be a factor?
(26/11/2012 01:15)Route102 Wrote:  
(26/11/2012 01:13)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Emergency tender? Got to say I didn't see that coming... Wonder why? Impera don't seem to be struggling unless its just an evaluation from Merseytravel as its a strategic fit for ACE. Changing hands a lot those routes in that case haha

The extra mileage an cost of taking each bus from the Wirral depot to Maghull/Old Roan each day must also be a factor?

Hmm even though It could be also with expansion on the Wirral side of things. however I see where your coming from , specially if any idiots along the line decide to brick a window it would be difficult to get a spare over whilst Ace are not far from the routes territory

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
In Fareway days i was actually on an F2 when it lost an entire window frame due to vandals in County Road so sometimes its not just vandals throwing stones but the passengers themselves at time . Some people dont deserve to have public transport at all if thats how they treat the vehicles .

I think most bus companies on the Wirral will know the hot spots for window breakages
Was told yesterday Ace will probably need more buses to cover this work so prob will get more Enviro 200s i think they should go for the long wheelbase ones.
Seems those routes to Old Roan and Maghull seem to be Merseytravel's millstone going through operator upon operator , doesnt that tell you something between the lines .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)