Current time: 29/03/2024, 08:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
I have made a new thread titled Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead & Chester for any Stagecoach news for these former First Bus Depots

this thread can then stick to First news to save clogging up threads
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/11/2012 09:12)P450 SWX Wrote:  I have made a new thread titled Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead & Chester for any Stagecoach news for these former First Bus Depots

this thread can then stick to First news to save clogging up threads

Clogging up threads? It's got as much to do with First as it has Stagecoach at the end of the day.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead, Chester & Wrexham
I am just thinking will any buses get disposed of by Stagecoach for being Non-Standard eg the Ultralows, Flolines, Gemini's, Eclipse's or Leyland O/T Olynpians and Volvo Olympians or will they stay with the solos and Marshalls and plaxton pointers as there more standard?
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead & Chester
This thread should technically include Wrexham outstation

No offence Andy, but no-one knows! There is still months till an actual changing of hands and re-branding exercise, so be patient and don't ask silly questions every other day
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead, Chester & Wrexham
It said Dec or Jan so 1 or 2 months Reece and Wrexham is a Outstation for chester is it not
(12/11/2012 10:21)P450 SWX Wrote:  It said Dec or Jan so 1 or 2 months Reece and its funny when people asked similar in Wigan Tread no one had a go anyway finally a decent firm on the Wirral

Yes, They take over then but they have a set period in which not to change anything, from staff, to routes, to fleet to fares. After this they can do whatever they like.

If you knew the answer was in the Wigan thread, then why did you post it again? your going to get the same answer.
I think again we need to wait and see Andy, I would say it is likely that some buses will be replaced by stagecoach buses that are in better condition. But until it happens who knows.
Wow so the takeover is actually going ahead?

Arriva & Stagecoach on the Wirral.
Fiiiiiiiiight!
I agree with Andy, Reece. People have been asking questions and speculating about Stagecoach taking over in Wigan with no "wait and see answers", if anything it expanded into a discussion which is what this forum is all about. As with Wigan Stagecoach have received a lot of older buses so with both fleets it would not surprise me to see a big order placed for both depots to bring them in line with Stagecoach typical fleet age and type.
(12/11/2012 08:01)R557 ABA Wrote:  It's official, First Chester & Wirral and also the Welsh operations in Wrexham are to be acquired by Glenvale Transport Limited for the sum of £4.5 million.

http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...l-for.html
More good news, the pink and purple Evil Empire shrinks again!
Not very familiar with these areas, hoping that the First vehicle fleets don't have many modern vehicles (post 2001) so S/C will have to replace all of them in the next few years.
Would be nice if First transferred out any modern vehicles and moved in old vehicles before the takeover.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)