Current time: 23/04/2024, 19:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(04/11/2012 16:58)chester285 Wrote:  Yes 66705 and a few others have been transfered to chester and wirral, mainly to replace some scanias

Thanks chester285
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Went past Rock Ferry today - 34225 has not been sent to Barnsley, as previously mentioned - Its parked in the scrap line.

I am no longer active on this forum.
is 65739 yn05wkh back on the road after the RTA with the pulsar.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Yes, has been in service now since the beginning of september Smile

Luke[/align]

I am no longer active on this forum.
It's official, First Chester & Wirral and also the Welsh operations in Wrexham are to be acquired by Glenvale Transport Limited for the sum of £4.5 million.

http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...l-for.html

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/11/2012 08:01)R557 ABA Wrote:  It's official, First Chester & Wirral and also the Welsh operations in Wrexham are to be acquired by Glenvale Transport Limited for the sum of £4.5 million.

http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...l-for.html

Nobody saw that coming now, did they?! Laugh

Worst kept secret ever!

So the question now turns to fleet improvements... with Wigan also needing new vehicles, will there be a massive order?

So Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire now operates to Cheshire and North Wales!
(12/11/2012 08:04)First Class Wrote:  Nobody saw that coming now, did they?! Laugh

Worst kept secret ever!

So the question now turns to fleet improvements... with Wigan also needing new vehicles, will there be a massive order?

So Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire now operates to Cheshire and North Wales!

It really does make sense to be honest, with Gillmoss being so reluctant to disperse of much of the older fleet, instead keeping it in reserve maybe this was the plan of shifting the reserve/withdrawn stock over to Birkenhead and Chester, then again most of the stuff in reserve isn't considerably newer is it.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Out of interest will the takeover happen without any problems or will it be refered to either OFT or Monopolies Commision, all I'll say is that with all these takeovers I hope Stagecoach have got enough vehicles in reserve as I cant see the older Scania Ultralows lasting long
(12/11/2012 08:11)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(12/11/2012 08:04)First Class Wrote:  Nobody saw that coming now, did they?! Laugh

Worst kept secret ever!

It really does make sense to be honest, with Gillmoss being so reluctant to disperse of much of the older fleet, instead keeping it in reserve maybe this was the plan of shifting the reserve/withdrawn stock over to Birkenhead and Chester, then again most of the stuff in reserve isn't considerably newer is it.

No, but they'll make a darn good float to free up exFirst vehicles for paint faster. It'll also allow them a float to put some extra maintenance hours into some of the First vehicles and also mean they don't have to worry too much about scrapping none viable buses without affecting the PVR.
(12/11/2012 08:30)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest will the takeover happen without any problems or will it be refered to either OFT or Monopolies Commision, all I'll say is that with all these takeovers I hope Stagecoach have got enough vehicles in reserve as I cant see the older Scania Ultralows lasting long

Wpuldn't have thought OFT would be involved given Arriva's presence in the area's concerned.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)