Current time: 06/05/2024, 12:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
If they aquire bluebird then i think JPT would be out the question due to the fact there is going to be no competition left the way stagecoach is taking over everyone as arriva in manchester is minority player so i would of thought it would of been ideal for arriva to of bought someone like bluebird,JPT or finglands but i dont know if im right but i think out the big 3 arriva are the least intrested in manchester.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/11/2012 09:56)motormayhem Wrote:  If they aquire bluebird then i think JPT would be out the question due to the fact there is going to be no competition left the way stagecoach is taking over everyone as arriva in manchester is minority player so i would of thought it would of been ideal for arriva to of bought someone like bluebird,JPT or finglands but i dont know if im right but i think out the big 3 arriva are the least intrested in manchester.

If nothing else it certainly puts the pressure on JPT.
Interesting that rumours about stagecoach buying Bluebird were around a couple of years ago but nothing came of it, but it's a well known fact Bluebird have been struggling of late, so wonder if Stagecoach got the business for a song or is 2m a decent price?
According to the article ive seen bluebird make a net profit of around £330,000 per year so to a company size of stagecoach £2 million is nothing.
Confirmation that Stagecoach to take over Bluebird. Deal to be completed early next year.

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/stage...sid=291057

Gives Stagecoach a chance to take on First north of the city.
I`m sure theres a couple of ALX bodied B6s bluebird have that were new to stagecoach manchester, that will be aquired back if the sale goes through.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Doubt they'll keep them though.....a lot of money to be spent in Wigan and Middleton now to bring them up to sc manchester standard
Assuming the Bluebird takeover does go through (not wishing to jump the gun), it'll be interesting to see what Stagecoach do with the Bluebird services. Will they continue to operate them all from Greengate or will they transfer some to other depots? May make sense to switch some of Bluebird services (mainly the ones outside their main operating area) to other depots, particularly as other depots would be close to the route.

Likely ones to switch:
*Ashton: 395/396
*Hyde Road: 291 (fit in with other services to/from Trafford Bar and Trafford Park)
*Sharston: 44
*Stockport: 173, X5
There was a few MANs out in the rush hour this afternoon, couple of them on the 50 and one on the 250.
It's normal to see MANs on the 50... they're running some additional extras on the service at the moment.
(07/11/2012 19:33)SF07 Wrote:  Assuming the Bluebird takeover does go through (not wishing to jump the gun), it'll be interesting to see what Stagecoach do with the Bluebird services. Will they continue to operate them all from Greengate or will they transfer some to other depots? May make sense to switch some of Bluebird services (mainly the ones outside their main operating area) to other depots, particularly as other depots would be close to the route.

Likely ones to switch:
*Ashton: 395/396
*Hyde Road: 291 (fit in with other services to/from Trafford Bar and Trafford Park)
*Sharston: 44
*Stockport: 173, X5

Who says the depot is involved in the sale. In the last few Stagecoach takeovers (Bullocks, Mayne's and Dennis's) no depot was involved in the sale to Stagecoach, infact im sure after the Dennis's takeover very few drivers were retained by Stagecoach - although I'm not wishing that on the Bluebird drivers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)