Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
All the Loliners are a little shaky... (especially when going down Ryder Brow...)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/10/2012 15:18)ace Wrote:  
(19/10/2012 19:11)P528LND Wrote:  It was an X reg, it shuddered more than any bus I've ever been on in my life but it definitely didn't have a MAN engine in it. :P

Was it X226BNE by any chance? (22226) I seem to recall a few months back that one seemed a little shaky.

Most of the X reg MAN's are starting to rattle about now, 22244 the worst when it brakes it Rattles like hell
(21/10/2012 19:46)Benzo Wrote:  
(20/10/2012 15:18)ace Wrote:  
(19/10/2012 19:11)P528LND Wrote:  It was an X reg, it shuddered more than any bus I've ever been on in my life but it definitely didn't have a MAN engine in it. :P

Was it X226BNE by any chance? (22226) I seem to recall a few months back that one seemed a little shaky.

Most of the X reg MAN's are starting to rattle about now, 22244 the worst when it brakes it Rattles like hell

Well if rumours are to be believed I think the X reg and older MAN's are due to leave when the hybrids for the 192 arrive, so we might not have much longer to put up with them. Smile
(22/10/2012 05:16)ace Wrote:  
(20/10/2012 15:18)ace Wrote:  Was it X226BNE by any chance? (22226) I seem to recall a few months back that one seemed a little shaky.

Well if rumours are to be believed I think the X reg and older MAN's are due to leave when the hybrids for the 192 arrive, so we might not have much longer to put up with them. Smile

have to agree with that, they would probably convert some routes D/D. and to be honest the S and T regs' don't seem to rattle as much as X regs do
The 50 will not be able to serve Salford Crescent station on journeys towards Salford Quays from today for up to a year, according to the Stagecoach website. Buses will serve the stop at The Crescent.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=5891
(20/10/2012 15:18)ace Wrote:  Was it X226BNE by any chance? (22226) I seem to recall a few months back that one seemed a little shaky.

Where will they all go? There doesn't appear to be any sign of the remaining 'S' and 'T' 's going yet.Surely they will go before the 'X''s even though some of the former run just as well if not better than some of the latter.
(22/10/2012 18:18)SF07 Wrote:  The 50 will not be able to serve Salford Crescent station on journeys towards Salford Quays from today for up to a year, according to the Stagecoach website. Buses will serve the stop at The Crescent.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=5891

That's due to the construction of the new bridge and ticket office for the railway station. The wording needs to be clarified IMO as technically it still serves Salford Crescent, just on the bridge rather than outside the station itself.
is the R_ABA Plaxton Pointer 1's still in service not seen any in stockport or seen any pics of any
(22/10/2012 19:11)P450 SWX Wrote:  is the R_ABA Plaxton Pointer 1's still in service not seen any in stockport or seen any pics of any

Last I heard, they both went to Charles Street after the Olympics. Given the way they rode during the few weeks they were in service I would think it unlikely at best they would see life on Manchester's roads again, unless they get held back for use during the Commonwealth Games in 2014 if Stagecoach Manchester are contributing to them, by which time i would hope adequate suitable replacements may have been found. Smile
(22/10/2012 19:01)gilbert Wrote:  
(21/10/2012 19:46)Benzo Wrote:  Most of the X reg MAN's are starting to rattle about now, 22244 the worst when it brakes it Rattles like hell

Where will they all go? There doesn't appear to be any sign of the remaining 'S' and 'T' 's going yet.Surely they will go before the 'X''s even though some of the former run just as well if not better than some of the latter.

I've no idea, but with 40 buses arriving something has to give. It's long been on the cards that some routes could go D/D on their arrival.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)