Current time: 24/06/2024, 11:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus & Tram Show
RE: Wirral Bus & Tram Show 2012
(11/10/2012 11:32)wirralbus Wrote:  Who decides at Arriva which vehicles would go to the Bus and Tram Show ?
well 3065 was chosen by the depot itself not the driver (can't speak for 4107 or 4469), It was chosen for its reliability and unlikelyness to break down in the tunnel/in transit compared to a Dennis Dart for example.

3065 was selected thursday by depot management, in service Friday, fueld, washed and cleaned saturday (Not out in service), and parked ready to go Sunday morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/10/2012 11:32)wirralbus Wrote:  Who decides at Arriva which vehicles would go to the Bus and Tram Show ?
well 3065 was chosen by the depot itself not the driver (can't speak for 4107 or 4469), It was chosen for its reliability and unlikelyness to break down in the tunnel/in transit compared to a Dennis Dart for example.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(11/10/2012 14:50)MTL0201 Wrote:  just fed up with the petty moaning by one FM.
Huh

I've apologised several times for some mistakes and misunderstandings within my original post, however you've taken the situation further across the line by constantly moaning about what I've said (despite my apologies)! Either acknowledge my apology and get on with life, report my posts (if my opinions affect you that much) or PM me (like you've done in the past when other members have been so irritating...) - stop taking a few misunderstandings further than they need to go! I was wrong - big deal. MOVE ON!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/10/2012 16:49)3111 Wrote:  
Huh

I've apologised several times for some mistakes and misunderstandings within my original post, however you've taken the situation further across the line by constantly moaning about what I've said (despite my apologies)! Either acknowledge my apology and get on with life, report my posts (if my opinions affect you that much) or PM me (like you've done in the past when other members have been so irritating...) - stop taking a few misunderstandings further than they need to go! I was wrong - big deal. MOVE ON!

I agree - let's all accept it was a basically a great day out - and well organised - with a good load of buses in varying conditions showing up for everyone's enjoyment
(11/10/2012 16:49)3111 Wrote:  MOVE ON!

Which is what i intend to do now i've said what i've wanted to say.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(11/10/2012 16:53)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(11/10/2012 16:49)3111 Wrote:  
Huh

I agree - let's all accept it was a basically a great day out - and well organised - with a good load of buses in varying conditions showing up for everyone's enjoyment
Indeed. As I've said, I really enjoyed the day - wanted to ride on more buses than I did, though. Still, it was nice to see some buses there that I didn't expect to see. Hopefully, there will be a show next year!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
It was a great day and a great Merseyside rally Debut for both 5309 and 6592.
Just want to Clear up one thing regarding the former, It never broke down due to overheating or had any other faults on the day. Performed Superb
well I guess we shouldn't be too surprised if Arriva and their volunteer drivers don't bother bringing anything to next year's events after all the negative comments. no-one's complained about the poor condtion of EOG 200 - everyone's glad to see it running, and we all know Wallasey 1 needs a repaint which is scheduled, just as the Pulsar willl get, and probably already has a new windscreen. The NWVRT guys put pristine vehices out - thank you - really appreciatd, but please don't judge eveyone (not even Arriva) by NWVRT very high standards.
Have to admit atleast the Pulsar was clean unlike the gemini which technicaly shouldnt of been parked were it was as that car park had been reserved by Tom for NWVRT.

SNL On Behalf of NWVRT thank You for the Comment. a lot of Hard work goes into getting our fleet looking Smart and Tidy.
Personally, I thought it was a magical day, enhanced by sunny weather! I've attended the great majority of these shows since inception, and Sunday was right up there with the best of them! Plenty of great rides available, lots of photo-opportunities, some bargains to be had at the sales stands, a fine mix of older and more modern buses... and the highlight of my day was being able to ride on L255 on "route 44D" to the Pier Head, just as I did regularly back in the late fifties and early sixties!

Thanks to EVERYONE concerned for staging a wonderful event, and here's hoping there will be many more WB&T shows to come!! :-)

“Never run after a bus or a woman. There will always be another one.”

“A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it”

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)