Current time: 01/06/2024, 21:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
Yes - the remaining Olympians are still in regular service, although only for school services as a rule.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/10/2012 16:27)mbonwick Wrote:  Yes - the remaining Olympians are still in regular service, although only for school services as a rule.

Thanks for confirming this. I note the key word "schools" so it seems that it would not be a good idea for me to head north tomorrow looking to have any in service I would be better advised to make the trip on a weekday.
There only seems to be one Olympian required at Penrith outstation now instead of three as previous.

Today 20944 and 34703 were working the 108 Patterdale and schools and college boards with 16645 on the 104 which also does the 91A Caldew School service. 24123 was on the other extra 104 and 18361 and 24122 were on the two 104 Center Parcs runs. 17277 was on the 78 Keswick-Seatoller and 47474 was on the 77A Keswick-Buttermere (in place of 47221 which was in Carlisle).

Regular 104 bus 24124 has been off for a few days now and I saw it yesterday awaiting attention at North East Trucks in Kingstown, Carlisle. 16645 seems to have been transferred into Carlisle from Kendal and I think 34679 has gone the other way.

Of the four other Olympians at Carlisle (16336/37/38/43), the only one I saw today was 16338 which I think was on a 38 Blackwell instead of a Dart and I am wondering if their time will soon be up. Trident 18357 was on the 554 Keswick which also does a Caldew School run - this has usually been an N-reg Olympian.

At least five ex-Manchester MANs are now in service - 22134/37/39/42/43 - although I have never seen more than three on any one day. Yesterday 22139 and 22143 were on the 79/179 Annan/Dumfries and 22134 was on the 61 Carlisle city service. Not much left for the Alexander-bodied B10Ms now - as well as 20944 at Penrith, the only regular work seems to be the Brampton school run which also does the 94/97 services and a few other odd runs - 20133 was on this yesterday but 20456 was on the 685 Brampton covering for a Solo.

Quite a bit of interest around Carlisle at present with the changes in the fleet.
All 4 of the N reg Olympian's here are being withdrawn. 1 55reg Trident on Newton Rigg 104 and the other 55reg on 554. 17017 and refurbished Olympian 16645 as spare double deckers (and Penrith/Wigton market free bus). 16645 not needed at Kendal after their changes and Tridents transferred in, so its moved here to take the 4th N reg off.

All of the S reg MAN's have been out, but they're not good. I can't go into detail I'm afraid but the workshops seems to be their favourite place.
There should only be 2 or 3 B10M/PS's left once everything settles down.

17246 X246 NNO has finally entered service at Lillyhall, been there a couple of weeks now. It seems to have been bounced around the depots a bit trying to find it a home.
I was wondering whats Lancaster like now for old buses as i havent been now for a number of weeks !thanks in advance!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
The best you can hope for from Lancaster now is a handful (~5) of R-NBV Olympians on school duties.

All of the B10M/Bs have been withdrawn, and tbh there's not much of character left - Kendal is now your best bet.
(10/10/2012 14:22)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  .

All of the S reg MAN's have been out, but they're not good. I can't go into detail I'm afraid but the workshops seems to be their favourite place.

I bet that they don't sound anything like as bad as one of their much newer ex Stockport colleagues 19287 whose engine was wailing horrendously from the moment it left Stockport bus station a short while ago-the last I saw of it,it was still heading towards Wilmslow half an hour later still sounding just as bad as when it started the journey.
Guys are any stagecoach busses gonna be in bury because i think i saw one in bury
16659-65/68 are the only olys left in service at ME, 14196,16103,16447,16877 can be seen in death corner from northgate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(10/10/2012 15:39)mbonwick Wrote:  The best you can hope for from Lancaster now is a handful (~5) of R-NBV Olympians on school duties.

All of the B10M/Bs have been withdrawn, and tbh there's not much of character left - Kendal is now your best bet.

thanks mate for thatSmile

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13

User(s) browsing this thread: