Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(02/10/2012 11:49)P493 MBY Wrote:  I sort of understand why saveaways cant be used on the 1/2 to Chester as its quite a way over the boundary.

BUT, on the subject of merseytravel zones... it really doesnt make any sense to have the boundary at Yew Tree Farm and Boathouse lane near Parkgate / Neston, it would make sense to extend it the extra 3 stops into Neston - its meant to be a public service, the extra 3 stops wont harm surley? Anyway, best get back to topic..

on the subject of saveaways on the 1/2/X2, being a partnership with Merseytravel and Cheshire W&C council, they'd probably agree it beneficial - Maybe not as far as Chester, but as far as Ellesmere Port at least..

We can only hope!

Saveaways are obviously valid to Chester/Ellesmere Port by train, so Merseytravel obviously know there is a market for cross-boundary zonal ticketing. This happened because the pot was "redistributed" to give the rail companies a bigger share. Chester/Ellesmere Port are even within Merseytravel Area G.

A good step would be to create an Area G Saveaway AND subsequently allow the All Zone Saveaway into Area G by bus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
But as it stands Merseytravel is for transport within what was called Merseyside .
(02/10/2012 15:02)wirralbus Wrote:  But as it stands Merseytravel is for transport within what was called Merseyside .

I don't think that is correct any more.

They invest considerably in projects as far as South Yorkshire rolling stock investment, to more local schemes like the Halton curve.

Although they are highly responsible for the transport within Merseyside, they are very much responsible for improving travel INTO and OUT OF the Merseyside region.

They have aspirations like the Halton Curve, increased/faster services to Manchester, additional trains to London, electrification to Helsby, Wrexham-Bidston etc. Some way outside of the Merseyside area.

On the buses, you have Merseytravel supporting buses to/from North Wales, (811 etc). Until recently, they supported the Chester shuttle bus.

You can't only invest in Merseyside if you want to improve transport links in the region.

Good investment would see Wigan/Warrington brought within a new rail area (W!), so the City Line is fully integrated along with Chester in Area G having bus validity.
Forgive me, guys.

Am I right chester been bought by Stagecoach (maybe)? it is right information? i just wonder that's all it just rumour or anyone know already few week ago or month ago?

thank you
Martyn
(02/10/2012 17:38)Scania3379man Wrote:  Forgive me, guys.

Am I right chester been bought by Stagecoach (maybe)? it is right information? i just wonder that's all it just rumour or anyone know already few week ago or month ago?

thank you
Martyn

Still rumour at the moment. Nothing confirmed officially, but a strong possibility based on recent events.

Read this thread http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?...4#pid18204
(02/10/2012 16:08)First Class Wrote:  
(02/10/2012 15:02)wirralbus Wrote:  But as it stands Merseytravel is for transport within what was called Merseyside .

I don't think that is correct any more.

They invest considerably in projects as far as South Yorkshire rolling stock investment, to more local schemes like the Halton curve.

Although they are highly responsible for the transport within Merseyside, they are very much responsible for improving travel INTO and OUT OF the Merseyside region.

They have aspirations like the Halton Curve, increased/faster services to Manchester, additional trains to London, electrification to Helsby, Wrexham-Bidston etc. Some way outside of the Merseyside area.

On the buses, you have Merseytravel supporting buses to/from North Wales, (811 etc). Until recently, they supported the Chester shuttle bus.

You can't only invest in Merseyside if you want to improve transport links in the region.

Good investment would see Wigan/Warrington brought within a new rail area (W!), so the City Line is fully integrated along with Chester in Area G having bus validity.

I was led to believe there only allowed to provide improvements to transport up to 30 miles from any part of the old Merseyside county boundary.
(02/10/2012 17:49)First Class Wrote:  
(02/10/2012 17:38)Scania3379man Wrote:  Forgive me, guys.

thank you
Martyn

Still rumour at the moment. Nothing confirmed officially, but a strong possibility based on recent events.

Read this thread http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?...4#pid18204

Thank you, Pal I have read all information about stagecoach blah blah.

Cheer,
Martyn
please be aware this sunday that roads in and around Chester will be closed due to the marathon been held from the racecourse i am one of those runners
(04/10/2012 15:52)mic Wrote:  please be aware this sunday that roads in and around Chester will be closed due to the marathon been held from the racecourse i am one of those runners

What sort of disruption to services are we talking of .
(04/10/2012 16:46)wirralbus Wrote:  
(04/10/2012 15:52)mic Wrote:  please be aware this sunday that roads in and around Chester will be closed due to the marathon been held from the racecourse i am one of those runners

What sort of disruption to services are we talking of .

Bit more detail and a map here http://www.activeleisureevents.co.uk/med...r_2012.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)