Current time: 25/04/2024, 14:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
At least 3 of the Royales on the 38 today, 30837, 30839 and 30843. The latter is a bit of a shed, so should feel quite at home. 30839 was pleasant though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've started taking pics of the full standing loads on the 1, do you think it is even worth forwarding these to Merseytravel/First?
(15/09/2012 18:49)First Class Wrote:  I've started taking pics of the full standing loads on the 1, do you think it is even worth forwarding these to Merseytravel/First?

Not particularly as nothing would happen, the number 1 has been hit hard with the reduced frequency to every 20 minutes instead of the old 10 to 15 minutes. I think a 10 minute frequency needs to be adopted again with Arriva operating them. First have enough of the partnership really.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It is really annoying! There is nothing to stop the 2 being Double Deck, (except if it interworks with the 1), and even then, the 1 could be double deck with a small detour avoiding the one railway bridge in Bache.

It's not great seeing families unable to board at Chester Zoo at the weekend because the bus is already packed.
Seems that something will have to give in the run up to Christmas if the service is already running fit to burst at certain times of the day , Christmas will bring extra passengers to Liverpool , Cheshire Oaks and Chester.
(15/09/2012 21:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Seems that something will have to give in the run up to Christmas if the service is already running fit to burst at certain times of the day , Christmas will bring extra passengers to Liverpool , Cheshire Oaks and Chester.

Limited stop double deck services would be beneficial in peak periods, perhaps hourly during half term, Christmas etc, and maybe a handful of journeys every other day.

Liverpool-Birkenhead-New Ferry Bypass-Eastham-M53-Cheshire Oaks-Blue Planet-Zoo-Chester.

(Peoplebus would be far more successful doing this then the Trafford Centre!)
(15/09/2012 21:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Seems that something will have to give in the run up to Christmas if the service is already running fit to burst at certain times of the day , Christmas will bring extra passengers to Liverpool , Cheshire Oaks and Chester.

What about the use of articulated vehicles on the number 1 LOL, that would be quite interesting especially in Birkenhead Bus Station and in Chester on Northgate Street. LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
(15/09/2012 18:17)SNL 824 Wrote:  At least 3 of the Royales on the 38 today, 30837, 30839 and 30843. The latter is a bit of a shed, so should feel quite at home. 30839 was pleasant though.

30243 and 30246 were also out on the #38 as well as one of the old Scania's. 30243 seemed to be quite good, shame for the folk of the Wirral they have steps... Best get them in whilst we can.

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
(16/09/2012 15:21)ANW 2283 Wrote:  
(15/09/2012 18:17)SNL 824 Wrote:  At least 3 of the Royales on the 38 today, 30837, 30839 and 30843. The latter is a bit of a shed, so should feel quite at home. 30839 was pleasant though.

30243 and 30246 were also out on the #38 as well as one of the old Scania's. 30243 seemed to be quite good, shame for the folk of the Wirral they have steps... Best get them in whilst we can.

30241/45 also due

B7s 32460/32531 to 42 not now coming
(16/09/2012 18:36)mic Wrote:  B7s 32460/32531 to 42 not now coming

That is a shame as they would defo see some of the Ultralows at Chester disappear for use elsewhere. Most just need a P&P.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)