Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
Are there any plans for vehicles at Queens Road to move to Wigan & Bolton once Stagecoach take over or will they move to other parts of Go-Ahead I would image the Geminis will be sold off.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/11/2023 18:08)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Are there any plans for vehicles at Queens Road to move to Wigan & Bolton once Stagecoach take over or will they move to other parts of Go-Ahead I would image the Geminis will be sold off.

The B9’s will most likely transfer to Go north east. Can’t see stagecoach wanting to retain much of the fleet.
The Enviro 400s from London mainly work route 9 (Wigan - Leigh, Higher Folds).

At least 3117 has been refurbished and given TfGM Metrolink seating. Whereas the seat handles are still GA London yellow, the grabrails are TfGM yellow. When colours "clash" like this it helps vehicles show their age.

The former GA London Volvo B9TL I rode, 3280, was better than the one I rode in 2021 that had been acquired by Vision Bus.
Volvo B5LHs are expected here from Oxford.
(23/12/2023 11:49)CUL 73V Wrote:  Volvo B5LHs are expected here from Oxford.

Do you know which depot they’ll be for?
So it appears Go North West vehicles will be retained for Stagecoach at Queens Road will these by bought outright or just loans until newer vehicles are delivered?

Youtube Channel:
(23/01/2024 19:38)Y458 KNF Wrote:  So it appears Go North West vehicles will be retained for Stagecoach at Queens Road will these by bought outright or just loans until newer vehicles are delivered?

Any idea what’s being retained? Heard only some of the B5 hybrids and some of the B7’s are staying , but this week has seen stagecoach drivers from other depots doing VF on GNW vehicles and route learning queens road routes.

36789 is currently being used for training purposes at queens Rd.
(24/01/2024 21:45)Mayneway Wrote:  Any idea what’s being retained? Heard only some of the B5 hybrids and some of the B7’s are staying , but this week has seen stagecoach drivers from other depots doing VF on GNW vehicles and route learning queens road routes.

B9s are staying, this was confirmed by the MD of Stagecoach Manchester
(24/01/2024 21:45)Mayneway Wrote:  Any idea what’s being retained? Heard only some of the B5 hybrids and some of the B7’s are staying , but this week has seen stagecoach drivers from other depots doing VF on GNW vehicles and route learning queens road routes.

Is it possible vehicles could stay on loan I can understand the B9s being sold off to Stagecoach before they get replaced.

Youtube Channel:
(25/01/2024 16:57)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Is it possible vehicles could stay on loan I can understand the B9s being sold off to Stagecoach before they get replaced.

Very surprised about the B9’s. They become too old for contracts in March, and are in a really poor condition. I honestly thought their future was in the North east where they seem to maintain them a lot better. 3215 went over then came back fully refurbished and was like a new bus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)