Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Virgin Bus?
RE: Virgin Bus?
well its good to take everyones views into account but at the end of the day we can only wait and see what happens

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Never say never with things like this, although I'd imagine if Virgin ran on the roads instead, it'd be coach services as opposed to regular normal stopping public bus services. Stagecoach ran Virgin liveried Plaxton Profile's too, on the VT99 service (Photo by Adam Floyd).

At the minute, plans are apparently being drawn up for Megabus Gold, being the England & Wales version of Scottish Citylink Gold operated by Parks, to target the more middle class market, where standard Megabus is seen as a cheap low class way of travelling. If the plans go through, there could be a chance it'd be branded under Virgin, to give a more high class brand to the network.
Find all posts by this user
If they did do something like that and start eating into First's supposed profit margins on Anglo scottish traffic something will give im sure .

I bet those two masterminds Branson and Souter have something up there sleeve .
(02/09/2012 11:18)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i think there is a way virgin could have high standards, leather seats and wi-fi on ALL buses not the odd few, you can also have that talking thing that says where you are and what your next stop is then theres the little things like making the bus smell nice and have a low break down record, that to me is a high standard bus service Smile

Virgin Bus could have 2+1 leather seating like Harrogate & District Volvo B7TLs. When I rode one on the August Bank Holiday I sat in a solo seat, and as a joke I told myself I was sitting in a 1st class solo seat!LOL
(02/09/2012 11:25)CX54 DKD Wrote:  But that's still just a 'public bus service'. I don't mean to sound at all snobby, though I probably do(!), but I just don't think you could ever consider a public bus service high class or a premium service. Just my opinion but I think it'd completely destroy the Virgin brand.

How about a high- spec express service then? Taking on greyhound?k
(03/09/2012 16:18)DVL418 Wrote:  How about a high- spec express service then? Taking on greyhound?k
(02/09/2012 10:39)CX54 DKD Wrote:  However, I think the potential for high-end, long distance and, quite importantly in my opinion, premium coach workings is interesting.....
My opinion is that, if executed correctly, that could work.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(02/09/2012 08:25)P450 SWX Wrote:  That dart in Macclesfield in Virgin Livery now I would like to see that haha

Here you go.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardcovey/6793293424/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
That's the vehicle I was referring to - used to run between Macclesfield - Buxton - Chesterfield.
(02/09/2012 13:12)wirralbus Wrote:  If they did do something like that and start eating into First's supposed profit margins on Anglo scottish traffic something will give im sure .

I bet those two masterminds Branson and Souter have something up there sleeve .

Branson? Yes, Souter? No.
He's no longer the CEO, someone else has taken over.
Souter is still very much involved in Stagecoach though, just with a different job title...

User(s) browsing this thread: